Cosmo Cocktail with Brandy Bobas
‘Not Your Man’s Balls’ is an essential addition to your “Cock’tale repertoire. A delicious Cosmo with Brandy Bobas. You will be excited to get to the bottom of your frozen Cosmopolitian and slurp up those delicious balls– Blackberry Brandy-infused Tapioca balls!
You may have had Boba Tea, Pearl Tea, or a Bubble Tea drink. This Boba Martini is the grown-up version. We make the Boba a little boozy with Blackberry Brandy liquor. So yummy, you may wish they were Your man’s balls. Dirty Martini- Hah!– It has nothing on this impressive Cosmo cocktail recipe. Alcohol – infused Boba’s create the feeling of a prize at the bottom of your drink.
What are Bobas or Tapioca Pearls?
Boba pearls are made of tapioca starch that comes from the cassava root. Bobas may look gelatinous, but no worries. Vegan cocktail lovers can rest easy knowing that gelatin is not used in the making of these tiny balls of deliciousness. In addition, bobas come in different sizes, and some drinks feature a special Boba straw. Don’t let these milky pearls slow you down- You can find store bought Pearls on Amazon. You’ll love them, and Boba Cocktails will definitely impress your friends.
Why are Bobas so trendy?
Flavors hailing from Thailand, Indonesia, and China have been shaking up the U.S. cocktail game and adding. Latest Boba trend features interesting flavor profiles, and they add a little something chewy at the end of their cocktail experience.
Bartenders will infuse Boba pearls with alcoholic flavors such as Vodka, Whiskey, Rum or Bourbon. They often create cocktails with traditional Asian flavors like Black Tea, Milk, Taro Milk Tea, Mango, Pineapple, Lime, Strawberry and Lime or Bitter Melon. Bet you can’t wait to try ‘Not Your Man’s Balls’, and give your friends something a little special.
Give the drink that includes someone’s balls- just not your man’s.
What are tips for Making Cocktails for a Party?
- Simplify. Rather than making multiple cocktails, chose a signature cocktail(like Not Your Mans’ Balls) that will create a delicious experience for your guests.
- Make a batch mixture of your cocktail ahead of time and chill. Your guests can immediately receive a cocktail at the perfect temperature.
- Prepare your cocktail glasses ahead of time. Whether a Martini glass or cocktail glass, you can have your glasses chilled, and garnished. Garnish with a lime wheel, or rim the glass with graham cracker crumbs (as in this recipe), or a more creative flourish- prepare ahead
- Set up your Bar or Self-serve Beverage Station. Just before the party you can pull out your ice bucket, your garnished glasses, and even pour a few cocktails for your first guests. Remember to have a picture of water, and some non-alcoholic options such as sparkling water, juice or sodas.
- Be in the moment- Your friends want to see and enjoy you! Afterall, it’s your party.
Do not prepare the Boba too far ahead, or refrigerate- Nobody likes SQUISHY BALLS!
Try 5 Sisters Spirit Vodka– Delicious in this cocktail:
Mix It Up
You can soak the Boba in any kind of Berry Brandy- What flavor would be best for Your Man’s balls? (It must be nuts!)
Gourmet Nuts of course! Who doesn’t Gourmet Glazed nuts? Crunch on the perfect combination of sweet, salty, bold, and flavorful- with a little kick of chipotle spice.
Fire Nuts Spicy Asian Mala Peanuts – These Sichuan pepper spicy nuts are the perfect compliment for beer or a cocktail. They are different, fragrant, and addictive! Consequently, my ‘Spicy’ friends beg for them. It may be a simple crunchy snack, but powerful flavor!
Love Vodka Cocktails? We do too
Not Your Man's Balls
- Chilled Martini Glasses
- equal parts Cranberry juice
- equal parts Cointreau
- equal parts Vodka
Alcohol-Infused Boba balls
- large Instant Tapioca Bobas
- ½ cup Blackberry Brandy
Make Frozen Cosmo
- Add equal parts Cranberry, Cointreau, and Vodka to a freezable glass bottle
- Freeze the Cosmo overnight
Make the Alcohol Infused Boba (Balls) -(Just before serving)
- Bring water to a boil
- Add Bobas and let boil for 3 minutes- stir gently
- Drain Boba and add to ½ cup blackberry Brandy - stir gently
- Marinate Boba in alcohol for up to 20 minutes
- Drain and gently separate right before use
Assemble your Cocktail
- Place 2 marinated Boba Balls at the bottom of your Martini glass
- Pour frozen Cosmo over Boba- and serve
FAQs for a Boba Cocktail
What are Bobas?
Boba is tapioca starch, also known as cassava starch. Bobas, Bubbles, or tapioca pearls are small spheres that are simmered in a brown sugar syrup to give them a sweet taste and dark black color.
Are Bobas healthy?
Unfortunately, bobas have very few health benefits, though the carbohydrates can provide you with a boost in energy.
Are Tapioca Pearls and Bobas the same thing?
Close- They are both chewy little balls made from Cassava starch. Tapioca Pearls are translucent, while Bobas, or Boba pearls, are dark from being prepared with brown sugar.
Can Tapioca Pearls or Boba balls be infused with alcohol?
A recent Boba trend features interesting alcohol-infused flavor profiles, and they add a little something chewy at the end of their cocktail experience. Bartenders will infuse Boba pearls with alcoholic flavors such as Vodka, Whiskey, Rum, Brandy or Bourbon.
How long should I soak Bobas in a liqueur or alcohol?
Bobas can soak for for 15-30 minutes, and soak up the taste profile of the alcohol. Do not oversoak Bobas. They can lose color and shape. It is best to infuse within an hour of serving.
Are there Boba Teas that are infused with alcohol?
Yes, there are now many interesting recipes of Bubble tea that include alcohol. You may find Green Teas that are infused with Gin or Tequila. In addition, Fruit Bubble Teas may be paired with Vodka. Black Teas may be paired with Whisky, and Coffee-based Boba drinks are often paired with Kahlua, or Baileys Irish Cream.