Who doesn’t Gourmet Glazed nuts? Crunch on the perfect combination of sweet, salty, bold, and flavorful- with a little kick of chipotle spice.
But what exactly, are ‘Love Nuts’? If you guessed it’s a reference to that piece of human anatomy that a lot of famous people grab on stage, you are entirely on track. Nuts, as in Balls, Knackers, Family Jewels, Stones, Rocks, Nuggets…this list of slang endearments goes on and on…but, Love Nuts?
Also called ‘Blue Balls’ these sad little ‘nads’ almost made it to home plate- but ended in a make-out/strike-out. Surely, Love Nuts, with such a charming and romantic name, cannot be named after unconsummated love, (or lust)? Oh yes, they can! Fans of this blog know us for Great Food…and Very bad names.
So, we have come Full-Circle (Pardon the pun), and we have to acknowledge that new and clever names for nuts, (‘Happy Sacks’, ‘Low-hangers’ or ‘Questicles’) are always fresh and changing…. but the pain of unrequited love, lust or ‘inspiration’ is ….evergreen
Out with the ‘Blue Balls’ and In with the ‘Love Nuts’? Easy for me to say…. but we can promise that this is ridiculously tasty. Roasted and glazed pecans, walnuts, almonds, and cashews will not leave you unsatisfied or swollen! (Unless you have allergies)
Are nuts good for gift giving ?
Gourmet Glazed nuts with Cranberries, Maple, Orange, Rosemary, and Chipotle
- Baking sheet
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ⅓ cup Real Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup Light brown sugar
- ½ cup Orange juice
- 2 tsp Chipotle powder
- 4 tbsp Finely chopped Rosemary
- 3 tbsp Koser salt
- ½ tbsp Orange Peel
- ¾ cup Dried Cranberries
Combine the Nuts
- Oil the bottom of the sheet pan
- Add all nuts to the sheet pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Combine Oil, Maple syrup, Brown sugar, Orange juice, Chipotle powder, Rosemary, Salt, and Orange Peel
- Pour the glaze on the nuts and mix well on the cookie sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes, open the oven and stir the nuts
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes, and then Stir again
- Bake for 5 minutes more
- Remove from the oven
- Stir in Dried Cranberries and Salt
- Taste the nuts, and add additional salt or Chipotle seasoning to meet your preference
- Let cool slightly, and transfer to a serving tray or tin
Aphrodesi’hacks’ for Gourmet Glazed Nuts
- For the most delicious homemade spiced nuts, buy unsalted, unroasted / raw nuts. We have the salting and roasting covered in this recipe
- Buy your nuts in bulk on Amazon, or at Costco, and save
- You will love this homemade roasted nuts recipe for your Thanksgiving or Christmas entertaining menu. The Rosemary and dried cranberries really set a tone.
- These party nuts make a delicious homemade gift that your friends and family will rave about. A beautiful tin or airtight container, a bow, and you are ready to go!
- Gourmet Glazed nuts are sticky- stir them right out of the oven
Mix It Up
Mix up the combination of nuts- Substitute your favorites like Macadamia nuts, Hazel nuts, shelled Pistachios…you choose
This recipe is calibrated to please a broad audience. Add more drama and amp up these nuts with an extra teaspoon of chipotle powder after their out of the oven. The sweet and spicy combination is addictive!
Delicious Ice cream topping
Try our hot and spicy Mala Peanuts too, Fire Nuts
Try our Wicked Bitchcraft Cocktail with Love Nuts: