Who doesn’t Gourmet Glazed nuts? Crunch on the perfect combination of sweet, salty, bold, and flavorful- with a little kick of chipotle spice. You will love this top rated nut recipe because they are simple to make – and decadent to enjoy. Even more- they make your house smell amazing. They are also Christmas gifts that everyone will love.
But what exactly, are ‘Love Nuts’? If you guessed it’s a reference to that piece of human anatomy that a lot of famous people grab on stage, you are entirely on track. Nuts, as in Balls, Knackers, Family Jewels, Stones, Rocks, Nuggets…this list of slang endearments goes on and on…but, Love Nuts?
Also called ‘Blue Balls’ these sad little ‘nads’ almost made it to home plate- but ended in a make-out/strike-out. Surely, Love Nuts, with such a charming and romantic name, cannot be named after unconsummated love, (or lust)? Oh yes, they can! Fans of this blog know us for Great Food…and Very bad names.
So, we have come Full-Circle (Pardon the pun), and we have to acknowledge that new and clever names for nuts, (‘Happy Sacks’, ‘Low-hangers’ or ‘Questicles’) are always fresh and changing…. but the pain of unrequited love, lust or ‘inspiration’ is ….evergreen
These Love Nuts will not disappoint
Out with the ‘Blue Balls’ and In with the ‘Love Nuts’? Easy for me to say…. but we can promise that this is ridiculously tasty. Roasted and glazed pecans, walnuts, almonds, and cashews will not leave you unsatisfied or swollen! (Unless you have allergies)
Are nuts good for gift giving ?
Nuts are healthful
Make this recipe : Gourmet Glazed nuts with Cranberries, Maple, Orange, Rosemary, and Chipotle
- Baking sheet
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ⅓ cup Real Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup Light brown sugar
- ½ cup Orange juice
- 2 tsp Chipotle powder
- 4 tbsp Finely chopped Rosemary
- 3 tbsp Koser salt
- ½ tbsp Orange Peel
- ¾ cup Dried Cranberries
Combine the Nuts
- Oil the bottom of the sheet pan
- Add all nuts to the sheet pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Combine Oil, Maple syrup, Brown sugar, Orange juice, Chipotle powder, Rosemary, Salt, and Orange Peel
- Pour the glaze on the nuts and mix well on the cookie sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes, open the oven and stir the nuts
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes, and then Stir again
- Bake for 5 minutes more
- Remove from the oven
- Stir in Dried Cranberries and Salt
- Taste the nuts, and add additional salt or Chipotle seasoning to meet your preference
- Let cool slightly, and transfer to a serving tray or tin
Aphrodesi’hacks’ for Gourmet Glazed Nuts Recipe
- If you want to make your party more fun and festive – just add nuts!
- For the most delicious homemade spiced nuts, buy unsalted, unroasted raw nuts. We have the salting and roasting covered in this recipe
- Buy your nuts in bulk on Amazon, or at Costco, and save
- You will love this homemade roasted nuts recipe for your Thanksgiving or Christmas entertaining menu. Transfer the nuts to a Holiday serving tray. The Rosemary and dried cranberries really set a festive tone.
- These party nuts make a delicious homemade gift that your friends and family will rave about. Let the spiced party nuts cool completely and transfer the mixed nuts to a beautiful tin or airtight container – a bow, and you are ready to go!
- Gourmet Glazed nuts are sticky- stir the nuts right out of the oven. The nuts are coated with sweet, salty spicy goodness. A decadent Holiday snack
- Use a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up.
Mix It Up
- Mix up the combination of nuts- Substitute your favorites like Macadamia nuts, Hazel nuts, and Pistachios…you choose
- This recipe is calibrated to please a broad audience. Add more drama and amp up these nuts with an extra teaspoon of chipotle powder after their out of the oven. The sweet and spicy combination is addictive! In the end, your family will give you a 5 star review
- Try Love Nuts as a delicious Ice cream topping
for Gourmet Maple Spiced Mixed Nuts
What the FAQ?
What nuts are good for a gourmet mix?
Walnuts, Pecans, Pistachios, Macadamias, Almonds Cashews, Hazelnuts, even Brazil nuts- all make a great combination. In addition, the variety adds a great depth of flavor.
What makes gourmet nuts taste spicy?
Delicious sweet ingredients balance Chipotle Pepper, or Cayenne. In addition, the nuts are usually evenly coated with Kosher salt.
How are gourmet nuts roasted?
You spread the nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Cook the nuts at 350 for approximately 15 minutes,. Stir the nuts every 5 minutes.
Can fruit be used in a gourmet nuts mix?
Dried fruits can add color, texture and sweetness to a spiced nut recipe. You will love the way they taste and look at the mix.
Try our hot and spicy Mala Peanuts too, Fire Nuts -Fire up those Nuts! Spicy Asian Mala Peanuts – These Sichuan pepper spicy nuts are the perfect compliment for beer or a cocktail. They are different, fragrant, and addictive! My ‘Spicy’ friends beg for them. It may be a simple crunchy snack, but powerful flavor! Great for parties, Lunar New Year, Chinese New Years Parties. Unfortunately these crunchy peanuts have earned a bit of a reputation. These nuts are so delicious and popular with Beer and cocktails, they are sometimes referred to as ‘Drunkard’s nuts’. Watch out! These spicy peanuts are an addictive snack – You will love them
Try our Wicked Bitchcraft Cocktail Looking for that warm caramelly taste of Fall? You’ll love our Bourbon cocktail with tiny pecan, and nutmeg pieces, and an artisan feel. This is an amazing alchemy of melt-in-your-mouth fall flavors with the Va Va Voom of Bourbon. Conjur up this Truly ass-kicking Bitchcraft. (Drink a few of these and they will definitely cast a spell on you ) …Delightfully Wicked, and truly Enchanting- Try this recipe.