Hot Damn! You will love nostalgic chocolate patties with a Smokey, Spicy new twist. One bite and you will say -Hot Damn!
Why will I love Nostalgic Chocolate Patties with Chipotle?
You will love these old-fashioned chocolate patties with a smooth firm chocolate texture. Enjoy the filling, which is smooth, creamy, and somewhat sweet. with a pleasant mouthfeel when you bite into it. Choose smoky chipotle, peppermint, or something else- you will feel like you have recreated a classic. Delicious!
Where do these patties come from?
More on York Peppermint Patties
Why would I want to use welting wafers, instead of other kinds of chocolate?
Chocolate wafers, melting wafers, candy melts, or melting chocolate – are disks of chocolate that are used as a coating on cookies, fruit, ice cream, candy, molded candy and desserts. Wafers are compound chocolate, with vegetable oil in place of the cocoa butter. As a result, they are easy to melt and mold.
You will find melting wafers easier to use. Additionally they offer consistent candy making and baking results with no tempering required. Lastly you will love the smooth-as-silk texture and lustrous sheen this type of chocolate brings to dessert.
Nostalgic Chocolate Patties with Chipotle
- Maintain the dipping chocolate at a low temperature, and move quickly while dipping the wafers in the chocolate. Wipe off excess chocolate on the side of the pan, so the chocolate will not puddle
- Keep your nostalgic chocolate patties cool. They can be stored in the freezer to enjoy in the future
- You can decorate the patties with colored sugar, or sprinkles before the chocolate hardens
- Make 2 batches, and you can use the entire can of sweetened condensed milk. Make 1 batch spiced with our smokin’ hot chipotle, and make the 2nd batch with traditional Peppermint (see below)
- Create Hot Damn Patties for beautiful homemade gifts
Mix it Up:
Make traditional Peppermint patties by leaving out the Chipotle spice and using 1 1/2 teaspoons of Peppermint extract instead. Make old-fashioned Peppermint Patties!
You will find this Hot Damn recipe Delicious and traditional- but so much better than store-bought.
Hot Damn! (Smoked Chipotle Chocolate Patties)
Smoked Chipotle Filling
- 7 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2½ cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tsp Smoked Chipotle Pepper Spice
- 10 oz Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Melting Wafers
Prepare filling circles
- Combine filling ingredients
- Taste filling, for desired heat, add chipotle seasoning if necessary
- Roll ingredients into a flat dough on wax paper
- Use the open-end of a champagne flute to cut as many circles into the dough as possible
- Place the circles on a wax-paper covered cookie sheet, and place them in the freezer for at least 1 hour
- Melt chocolate wafers in a double boiler
- Maintain chocolate at a low temperature
- Remove wafers from the freezer
- Place a wafer in the chocolate, and flip the wafer to fully cover in chocolate
- Wipe the access chocolate on the edge of the pan
- Place the chocolate on wax paper, and repeat
- Place trays of chocolate in the refrigerator
- Allow the chocolates to fully cool before serving