Chocolate Gobsmackers (TikTok Inspired Snickers Date)
This is a TikTok Inspired Snickers Date first developed by Emily Mariko. The Chocolate Gobsmackers recipe is different and delicious. It starts with a Chocolate dipped Date, Peanut Butter, and Pecan, garnished with Sea salt.
I have not been a fan of dates – they remind me of prunes (which probably get a bad rap). They are odd looking- and on their own, I have no love… This recipe, however, puts them in a whole new light for me. SHOCKINGLY AMAZING! STFU!
Our candy stuffed date tastes like a Snickers bar and a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. The date has a cake like texture. So delicious, and unusual, you will love surprising your friends!
Healthy Chocolate Dessert?
I also relish the idea of chocolate candy having some healthy attributes… These chocolate-covered dates are Gluten-free. We have protein from the Peanut Butter and the Pecans, and dates are high in anti-oxidants, and fiber. Chocolate is also known as an anti-oxidant, and for heart health…DING DING DING! (…Moderation is probably still a good idea)
You will also love this chocolate date recipe because it is so easy to make. The ingredients will keep in your pantry. Dried dates, Peanut Butter, Pecans, Chocolate wafers- all have great shelf life.
Assemble your dates and put them in your freezer. Pull them out the day you are ready to serve- and dip!
Naming this candy
Almost nothing is off the table for Cuss Kitchen. These candies are so delicious, but they do (like other chocolates) look like little turds! So it seems only ‘natural’ that we name them accordingly. Top contenders included:
Chocolate Channel Chewie, Keister Cakes, Slap A$$ Sliders Poo Poo Platter…. but, who would ever eat them?
Ok…Ok- Not appetizing– So we went with Chocolate Gobsmackers! Sounds much more delicious- and like the name implies we were utterly astonished at how delicious they turned out- a new favorite recipe-for sure.
Are Dates Healthy?
Dates contain several vitamins and minerals, in addition to fiber and antioxidants. A date has fiber, Protein, Potassium, Magnesium, Copper, Manganese, Iron, and B6. Unfortunately, they are high in calories since they are dried fruit.
What do I need to know about Dates?
Dates are considered an ancient fruit and cultivation dates back approximately 8000 years. Medjool dates are the most commonly grown and available. Large and plump, they have a maple-sweet flavor and luxurious texture. Most recipes call for dried dates, which are wrinkly in texture. They should be kept in an air-tight container and stored at room temperature or refrigerated for up to 6 months. Refrigeration will extend their shelf-life. Dried dates can be frozen for up to 1 year.
Are Dates the same as Prunes?
Dates and prunes (dried plums) are usually consumed in their dried form and look similar, but are a completely different fruit. are sweeter and usually smaller than prunes. Dates and prunes are highly nutritious. As dates are sweeter they are higher in carbohydrates and calories.
How are Dates different than Figs?
Fresh figs are usually golden or deep purple in color, while dried dates are usually dark brown . Dates are oval and wrinkled, while figs are more round and plump. Dried dates are also stickier than dried figs. They have a lower glycemic index, more fiber, potassium, copper, magnesium, B5, B6.
Figs are lower in carbohydrates, and calories, but richer in vitamins C, K, and A.
Why would I want to use melting wafers, instead of other kinds of chocolate?
Chocolate wafers, melting wafers, candy melts, or melting chocolate – are disks of chocolate that are used as a coating on cookies, fruit, ice cream, candy, molded candy and desserts. Wafers are compound chocolate, with vegetable oil in place of the cocoa butter. As a result, they are easy to melt and mold.
You will find melting wafers easier to use. Additionally they offer consistent candy making and baking results with no tempering required. Lastly you will love the smooth-as-silk texture and lustrous sheen this type of chocolate brings to dessert.
Make our TikTok Inspired Snickers Chocolate Date
You’ll be Gobsmacked!
- Parchment Paper
- Long Picks
- 1 Mini bowl or ramekin
- 1 Small glass bowl
- 20 Medjool dates Dried -Prefer Organic
- 20-40 Pecans
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter or natural peanut butter
- 10 oz Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Melting Wafers
- ¼ cup Kosher salt
- Line a baking sheet with Parchment paper
- Cut a slit in each date and remove the pit
- Put 1-2 Pecans inside the date (Depending on the size of the date)
- Fill or seal the opening with peanut butter, Repeat
- Place each filled date on the lined baking sheet
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for at least 1 hr
Prepare the Dipping Chocolate
- Put the chocolate melting wafers in a small bowl
- Microwave for 30 seconds, to melt the chocolate. Stir
- Microwave the chocolate for another 20-30 seconds (Microwaves vary)
- Stir until the chocolate is completely smooth
Finish the Dates
- Put Kosher salt in a in a mini bowl or ramekin
- Remove dates from the freezer
- Place a long pick in the center of a date
- Dip the date in the bowl of chocolate (Until chocolate is completely covering the date)
- Tap the pick on the side of the bowl allowing the excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl
- Place the chocolate covered date on top of the parchment, and remove pick
- Immediately use the pick to move chocolate over the hole from the pick
- Immediately garnish the date with a sprinkle of Kosher salt
- Repeat with the remaining dates
- Place the baking sheet of chocolate covered dates back in to the refrigerator to harden and until you are ready to serve. (Use an airtight container in the fridge, if you are storing for more than a few hours)
- When ready to serve, place them on a beautiful tray and enjoy
Aphrodesi’hacks’ for Chocolate Gobsmakers – TikTok Inspired Snickers Date
- When dipping the dates you need to move things along. If the peanut butter stuffed dates start to thaw, things can get messy.
- If you miss the short window of wet chocolate, put an additional small smear of chocolate on top of the candy, to cover the hole, and so the salt will stick. The Kosher salt is an excellent compliment to the sweetness of the chocolate.
- You can use a different type of chocolate if you prefer. The dark chocolate wafers, are also excellent. Ghirardelli wafers make dipping much easier than with traditional chocolate chips, and double boiler. The taste of the Ghirardelli wafers is excellent.
- Go Nuts! You could substitute other delicious nuts like Almonds, Cashews, Pistachios, Macadamia, or Hazelnuts
- You could melt a handful of white chocolate wafers in a cup, if you want to garnish or stripe the candy.
- These easy to make dessert candies are even simpler if you prepare the dates ahead of time and keep them in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Give a gift that leaves your loved one Gobsmacked! These ridiculously tasty nuggets are a gift that will surprise and delight. Perfect for a hostess.
Fun Cuss Kitchen Merchandise