Guilty Pleasure Pie
This recipe is a delicious Chocolate Grenache and Raspberry Pie -Oreo crumb pie crust and Chocolate Ganache topped with fresh raspberry topping. This rich and sinful dessert will leave you wanting more.
Pictures of this berry dessert are decadent, sinful, hedonistic…but not nearly as amazing as the taste of the pie itself. So simple to make, but it does take 2 hours to refrigerate. So worth it. Likely to become your go-to.
What is Chocolate Ganache?
Chocolate Ganache is a combination of chocolate (white, milk chocolate, semi-sweet, bittersweet chocolate, dark chocolate) and cream. You can use chips or chocolate baking bars. Ganache is made by slowly simmering cream, and then pouring the hot cream over chocolate, and whisking until the chocolate is entirely melted, smooth., silky and shiny.
Many cakes feature a silky ganache filling. A greater proportion of cream will make the ganache more liquid, suitable for a topping. A thinker ganache is used for truffles, a chocolate ganache tart, or the Guilty Pleasure Pie. There are some variations with melted butter and flavored oils.
Raspberry Chocolate ganache is such an amazing combination. We won’t blame you for wanting to keep this goodness to yourself, but we recommend you enjoy it with someone you love- Perfect for Valentine’s Day. Clothing is optional- but please keep the chocolate in the appropriate places!
Guilty Pleasure Pie (Chocolate Grenache and Raspberry Pie)
Guilty Pleasure Chocolate Raspberry Pie
Oreo Cookie Crust
- 24 Regular Oreo cookies
- 6 tbsp Salted Butter (Melted)
Chocolate Ganache Filling
- 1¼ cups Milk Chocolate Chips (High Quality)
- 1¼ cups Dark Chocolate Chips (High Quality)
- 1½ cups Heavy Cream
- 12-16 oz Fresh Raspberries, large.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly coat a pie dish with cooking spray
Prepare the Oreo Cookie Crust
- Use a food processor to grind Oreo cookies into crumbs
- Mix the cookie crumbs with melted butter
- Press the crumbs into the bottom, and on the sides of a 10" glass pie dish
- Use a flat glass bottom to help you flatten the sides of the crust
- Bake the crust for 8 minutes at 350 degrees
- Remove the crust from the oven, and let it cool
Prepare the Chocolate Ganache filling
- Add all chocolate chips to a large glass mixing bowl
- Add heavy cream to a small saucepan and warm the cream on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally
- Just as the cream starts to form small bubbles, remove from heat and pour over the chocolate chips- let it sit for 3-4 minutes
- Use a rubber spatula to stir until the chips are completely melted and the mixture is smooth
- Pour the Chocolate Ganache over the Oreo crust
- Place the pie in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Clean and dry the raspberries
- After the dessert has cooled in the refrigerator, garnish the pie with raspberries by placing the berries point side up. Cover the entire pie with the largest berries in the center.
- Be sure to spray your 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray so that your dessert does not stick to the pie dish.
- Use Gluten-Free Oreos to make a sensational Gluten-free dessert
- You can make this dessert the night before, and add raspberries just before serving. You definitely want to keep refrigerated until you are ready to serve.
Try other Amazing Desserts: