You Mocha Me Crazy (Mocha Cookie Dessert)
What could be better than a Mocha Cookie Dessert? The perfect solution for a world full of crazy! This dessert is light but luxurious, Indulgent but low calorie(OK – not so much) – But it is a delicious taste that will bring you and your loved ones from the edge…
What is Mocha?
Mocha is a type of coffee drink that is made from combining espresso and chocolate. It originated in Yemen, where it was first prepared using coffee beans roasted over a fire and mixed with chocolate.
The drink then spread to other countries, and variants were created, including the popular cafe mocha.
Cafe mocha typically contains steamed milk, a shot of espresso, and chocolate syrup or powder.
It is often topped with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. The taste of mocha is rich, chocolatey, and smooth, with the strength of the coffee tempering the sweetness of the chocolate.
Mochas are a popular beverage for those who want to indulge in something sweet with a caffeine boost.
Mocha flavors are also popular in desserts.
You Mocha Me Crazy
- 1 Mixer
- 18 Disposable Parfait glasses
- 3 cups Cold Heavy Whipping Cream
- 16 oz Italian Mascarpone Cheese (usually 2 containers)
- ⅔ cup White Sugar
- ⅓ cup Kahlua liqueur
- 3 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 ½ tsp Instant Espresso powder
- 1 ½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 16oz Containers Bakery Chocolate Chip cookies
- 1 can Spray whipped topping
- 2 Chocolate bars (Shaved or thinly diced)
- Combine The whipping cream, mascarpone, sugar, Kahlua, cocoa, espresso, and vanilla, into a large mixing bowl
- Start mixing at a low speed
- Slowly increase the speed of the mixer, and then beat on high until stiff peaks form in the mixture
- Place a large dollop of the Mocha mixture at the bottom of each parfait glass
- Add a layer of crumbled cookies on top of the Mocha mix in each glass
- Add an additional Large dollop of Mocha, and again cover with cookie crumbles
- Add a final large dollop of Mocha to each parfait glass
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- Just before serving, add whipped cream topping, and chocolate shavings
- Serve chilled
- Use care when assembling these parfaits, let a large dollop of cream drop in the center of the cup, and then use a spoon to lightly depress the center. The layers will look uneven, but beautiful if you can keep the random drops of Mocha off the rim. If you do hit the rim- use a paper towel to wipe the cup.
- Keep this dessert chilled, and refrain from adding whipped cream until you are ready to serve this delicious dessert.
- Preparing this dessert a few hours before you need it, will allow these flavors to meld together in a ‘Crazy’, deliciously decadent way.