Good Pizza A$$
This is the Good Pizza A$$ you have been waiting for! This personal pan pizza has a light and crunchy base- and it’s ALL about the BASE- Right? This Good Pizza A$$ is a delicious and crisp fresh Fig and Prosciutto Flatbread Pizza with creamy Gorgonzola cheese. Looks fancy, but this is a super easy flatbread pizza recipe! Prepare the figs and onions ahead of time- and assemble your lavash pizza in minutes. What kind of a person doesn’t like delicious homemade Pizza- A Weirdough?
NOTE: Weirdoughs/Weirdos… are fully embraced here at Cuss Kitchen
SLICE, SLICE, BABY!
Good Pizza A$$$
- 1 package Fresh Figs
- 1 Yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 4-5 Tbsp Balsalmic Glaze
- 1 12-14 oz Package Lavash Flatbread
- 1 6-8 oz Package Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese
- 1 6-8 oz Package Prosciutto
- Fresh Baby Arugula
- Black Pepper
Preheat Oven or Toaster Oven to 350 degrees
- Wash and trim off the ends of the figs
- Cut figs into ¼ inch slices
- Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray and add the sliced figs
- Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
- Cut the figs in quarters and set aside
- Peel the onion and slice thinly
- Sauté the onions in butter and add a tablespoon of Balsalmic Vinegar glaze, and stir frequently
- Continue the saute until the onions are slightly brown and translucent
- Set aside
Assemble your Pizza/Flatbread
- Bake or Toast each piece of your flatbread (together in your oven, or in the quantities possible in your toaster oven) This should take 4-5 minutes at 350
- Remove from the oven, and add Fig pieces, Onions, Prosciutto, and Gorgonzola Cheese
- Generously pepper the top of the flatbread
Right Before Serving your Pizza/Flatbread
- Toast again for 4-5 minutes
- Remove from the oven
- Add clean fresh Baby Arugula to the top of each flatbread, and drizzle with Balsalmic Glaze
- Serve Immediately and enjoy while warm
Make this Fig and Prosciutto flatbread ahead of time and do the final toast right before you serve- The crispy crust and warm, creamy cheese will steal the show
Rather than a traditional pizza dough, I found Brooklyn Bred (Lavash) at Fresh Market, and Lavash Flatbreads at Trader Joe’s- Both make a delicious flatbread crust. You could also use Naan.
This flatbread recipe makes a delicious and easy dinner. You can customize your toppings to your palate, or to the tastes of your friend and family.
Goat cheese makes a great substitution for Gorgonzola cheese
Your Balsamic Vinegar Glaze gives a sweetness to balance to the salty Prosciutto and Gorgonzola cheese. You also get some spice from the peppery arugula
Delicious flatbread treat! Quick and easy to make! Will definitely make again!