Shameless Tart (Key Lime Pie Martini Recipe)
The Shameless Tart is a Brazen Hussy of a Key Lime Martini recipe. It’s a tropical vacation on your tongue and the cocktail version of your favorite pie!
Famed psychiatrist Dr. Carl Jung said, “shame is a soul-eating emotion.”
Wow! Sounds like being shameless is essential to our well-being! Doctor’s orders!
With that in mind, let’s celebrate being unabashedly bold and shame-free with this seductively tart and creamy cocktail!
You’ll love this citrusy smooth combination with notes of coconut, vanilla, and a delectable graham cracker finish. Perfect for any occasion, or as a welcome reward at the end of your day.
Life is short – so let’s belly up to the FU-BAR and drink dessert first! No shame, no guilt, no apologies!
What are Key Limes? How are they different than other limes?
The Key lime is strongly associated with the Florida Keys, Key limes have not been grown commercially in the United States since 1926, when a hurricane devastated Miami, Florida, the Bahamas, and the Gulf Coast. Since then, Persian limes replaced Key lime crops. Key limes are now imported from Central America or Mexico. The fresh lime juice is more tart and somewhat more bitter than a Persian lime. For this reason, key lime juice is often used in sweet desserts- like Key Lime Pie
Also known as Mexican limes or West Indies limes, Key limes are small, and spherical. They’re light yellow (not green) when ripe and contain more seeds than regular limes. Their skin is thin, so they don’t store well.
Can I buy Key Lime juice at the grocery Store?
Yes. 100% pure bottled key lime juice is not typical at your average supermarket. It is likely to be significantly more expensive. It’s freshly squeezed from true yellow key limes. Real key lime juice has a superior lime flavor and is preferred for the ultimate key lime pie taste …and flavor is Key!
Can I substitute regular lime juice for Key lime Juice?
When substituting lime juice for Key lime juice, you increase the amount so it is 2 to 3 times more than the amount of Key lime called for in a recipe.
What is a Dessert Martini? A Cocktail Dessert in a Glass…
These aren’t your Father’s Martini’s! There are hundreds of new Martini recipes springing up. Put your favorite dessert flavors in Vodka. What could be better? We feature several of our Dessert drinks on this site. Enjoy a flight of Martini Pie flavors. Delectable Drinks
What are tips for Making Cocktails for a Party?
- Simplify. You should enjoy the party too. Rather than making multiple cocktails, chose a signature cocktail, one drink recipe that will create a delicious experience for your guests.
- Prepare a batch mixture of your cocktail ahead of time and chill. Your guests will not be left waiting for their first beverage, and it will be at the perfect temperature.
- Prepare your cocktail glasses ahead of time. Whether a Martini glass or cocktail glass, you can chose to have your glasses chilled, and garnished. Whether you are planning to garnish with a lime wheel, or rim the glass with graham cracker crumbs (as in this recipe), or a more creative flourish- prepare ahead
- Set up your Bar or Beverage Station. Make it easy for guests to serve themselves. Just before the party you can pull out your ice bucket, your garnished glasses, and even pour a few cocktails for your first guests. Remember to have a picture of water, and some non-alcoholic options such as sparkling water, juice or sodas.
- Be in the moment- Your friends want to see and enjoy you!
Shameless Tart (Key lime Pie Martini)
- Martini Glass
- 1⅓ oz Coconut Rum
- 1 oz Vodka (5 Sisters Vodka)
- ¾ oz Agave
- 1 ½ oz Heavy Whipping cream
- ¼ tsp Vanilla
- 2 Juiced Key Limes (or 1 juiced regular lime)
- ½ cup Ice
- 4 Graham Crackers (Finely ground)
- Lime wheel
Prepare your Garnish
- Cut a slice of lime through the center of the fruit, Make a cut from the center of that slice to the edge of the lime (so your lime will sit on the edge of the glass)
- Grind the Graham crackers into fine dust, and pour them onto a small plate
- Rub the edge of your martini glass with a lime wedge
- Dip the rim of the glass in the graham cracker dust
Prepare your cocktail
- Juice 2 Key limes (or 1 regular lime), and pour into a cocktail shaker with ice
- Pour your measured rum, vodka, agave, and heavy cream, into the shaker
- Shake well, and use a strainer or lid to retain the ice in the shaker
- Pour into a dusted martini glass
- Add the lime wheel to the rim
Use 5 Sister’s Spirit Vodka
Break up with Tito! You will kick that rascal Tito to the curb. 5 Sisters is a premium vodka, 6 times distilled-earthy and botanical
Put your Martini glasses in the freezer. This cocktail is best served cold and in a chilled Martini glass.
Not only does it taste good, it is pretty!