Celebrate the season with our Hallow Weenie Martini- Pumpkin, Cream de Cacao, Rumchatta, Rum, and Pumpkin Irish Cream. The treat you have been looking for. OH MY GOURD… This is the best Pumpkin Pie Martini ever!
Sorry, Cussers- I just can’t talk about weenies here, and we have to call an audible- and NOT put a mini weenie on a pick for a garnish.
This cocktail is samooooth, and elegant. It is a true live-in-the-moment libation, and so perfect for the Holiday. While some may think of menace and mystery, use this drink to help you focus on the goodness, and celebration of the season
Halloween originated as a pagan holiday called Samhain. The Celts celebrated the end of the harvest season starting around 2000 BC, at the midpoint between the fall equinox and the winter solstice. The Celts believed, that on this night, the veil separating the worlds between the living and the dead would be the thinnest. Ghosts and the supernatural could cross over and interact with the living. Dressing in costumes was part of the Celts’ belief that they could confuse the spirits and fairies.
The Catholics came up with All Saints Day, and the poor could visit the homes of the wealthy, and ask for ‘Soul Cake’ in exchange for a promise to pray for the souls of dead relatives. This tradition of ‘Souling’ morphed into what we now call ‘Trick or Treat’
The kids can have their sour patch… Cuddle up by the fire and enjoy your Hallow Weenie Martini
Hallow Weenie Martini
- 2 Tbsp Pure Pumpkin
- 1 oz Creme de Cacao
- 1 oz Rumchatta
- 2 oz Kavanaugh Pumpkin Spice Irish Cream
- 1 oz Rum (1.5 oz if you like a little extra zip)
- Dash Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Whipped cream or
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Cinnamon stick
Create your Rim
- Twist the edge of a Martini glass over whipped cream just before serving OR
- Dip your Martini glass in water and then Cinnamon sugar
Mix your Hallow Weenie Martini
- Combine Pumpkin, Creme de Cacao, Rumchatta, Pumpkin Irish Cream, Rum, and Pumpkin Pie spice in a bowl and mix well. Refrigerate
- Just before serving, add your cocktail and ice to a shaker
- Shake well, and pour into your beautifully rimmed glass
- Serve with a cinnamon stick