Little Pecker (Tropical Gin Cocktail that packs a subtle zing)
Ladies don’t always appreciate Little Peckers…You may not think of Cuss Kitchen as true bird lovers- but we ARE!
So much so, we named two of our favorite cocktails after them… The ‘Swallow’ and the ‘Little Pecker’.
The Little Pecker is a fresh and delicious tropical cocktail that packs a subtle zing. Guajillo chili simple syrup is the secret ingredient that sets this cocktail apart. The gummy worm adds fun, while the Rosemary adds a beautiful and spicy fragrance.
Let’s be fair, as long as the Little Pecker packs the Zing – Size MAY NOT matter??? And don’t forget to eat the Worm!
When guests come to your house… Flip ’em the BIRD- the Little Pecker!
Little Pecker (Gin Cocktail)
Chili Simple Syrup
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 2 Large Dried Guajillo Chilis-Deseeded and chopped
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Nutmeg
- 1.5 oz Gin
- .5 oz Lemon juice
- 2 oz Pineapple juice
- .5 oz Chili Syrup
- Gummy worms
Prepare Guajillo Chili Simple Syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepot
- Slowly bring to a simmer until sugar dissolves
- Simmer for 5 minutes
- Strain and allow the syrup to cool before using or storing
- Refrigerate after use, and keep up to 14 days
Assemble the Little Pecker Cocktail
- Mix all ingredients
- Add a Gummy worm to the bottom of the Bird cocktail glass
- Add the Cocktail to the Bird cocktail glass
- Add Rosemary stalks to the tail opening
- Enjoy this fun and beautiful drink
Try our spicy avocado and kimchee toasts called KISS MY HASS: http://cusskitchen.com/kiss-my-hass
Remember the nostalgic Sloppy Joe you loved as a kid? You will love our modern and spicy slider version, the Sloppy Ho: http://cusskitchen.com/sloppy-ho
Reminds me of my ex-husband