Spiced Bacon Crack-er (Candied Bacon Crackers)
You will love these buttery crackers with sweet, salty, chipotle, jalapeno, and thick cut bacon. The combination of sweet and spicy makes these appetizers irresistible -crispy, crunchy, sweet & savory. This is the simple grilled appetizer you have been looking for. It comes together effortlessly on your oven, air fryer, grill, Big Green Egg or Smoker- the perfect snack or party bite or appetizer. So easy to make … Sweet heat
Ingredients for Spiced Bacon Crackers:
- Townhouse or Club Crackers
- Brown Sugar
- Smoked Chipotle Powder
- Thick-cut Bacon
Cook Bacon Jalapeño crackers the way you want:
- Try the oven
- Use an air-fryer.
- Cook them on your Grill
- Smoker (for a smoky finish)
Make them more spicy?
- You can use a thicker jalapeno
- Switch out the jalapeno pepper for a serrano pepper
- Drizzle hot honey over your finished cracker for an even spicier kick
- Black Pepper can add another layer of spice
Make the spice more subtle?
- Switch the Jalapeno for a Poblano pepper
- Use a thinner slice of the spicy pepper
- Pickled or candied jalapeno can be used for a more moderate spice
- Add a thin layer of cream cheese or goat cheese
- Add a drizzle of honey on top
- IMPORTANT -Keep an eye on these. Because of the bacon- they can burn fast.
Spiced bacon crackers recipe
Spicy and Smoky Candied Bacon Crack-ers
- 1 wire rack
- 1 Baking pan
- 32 Butter Crackers (Townhouse or Club)
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Smoked Chipotle Powder (or Cayenne)
- 2-3 Jalapenos (Sliced)
- 12 slices Thick Sliced Bacon
- Setup your smoker to 350 with a fruit wood (Apple or cherry) and a mild wood (like pecan). You want offset platter or a baking sheet keep the grease from the bacon dropping into the fire and making it flare up.
- Arrange crackers on a wire rack. This just makes it easier to transfer on and off the grill.
- Cut bacon to fit crackers.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on crackers and place bacon on each slice.
- Add a sprinkle of smoked chipotle or cayenne pepper on each cracker and add a slice of jalapeno
- Finish with a kiss (sprinkle) of brown sugar.
- Place on grill. Smoke for 15 mins or until the bacon is crisps up.
FAQs for Spiced Bacon Crackers
Can these spiced bacon crackers by cooked in the oven or air fryer?
Yes you can- use a wired rack over a baking pan to catch any grease. Cook at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Keep an eye on them as you are cooking with bacon.
Will the crackers get soggy from all of the bacon grease?
The crackers soak up the bacon fat, and crisp up when they are finished You will love the crunch of these crackers.
How do you know when these spiced bacon crackers are completely done cooking?
The bacon should look crispy and shiny. The sugar should caramelize on the jalapenos, and you will notice that the crackers will crisp after soaking up the bacon fat.
Can I use whatever crackers I want?
Yes, Although you will want to trim the piece of bacon to fit the cracker. Rectangular crackers work best.
How long will Spiced Bacon crackers last?
Spiced bacon crackers are best right out of the oven, or off the grill. They will last a day or 2 in an airtight container. Store them in the refrigerator, and then toasted before serving.
Why did my crackers burn?
Keep an eye on the Crack-ers. Especially on the grill,- your flame can get hotter than you think
Other Spicy recipes from Cuss Kitchen
Horny Gazpacho A Bloody Mary inspired, spiked and spicy garden-fresh summer soup. Beef steak tomatoes, Roasted Poblanos, Jalapenos, Red Pepper, onion AND Hornitos Tequila- blended into the perfect puree and summer elixir. Watch out- this Horny Gazpacho is Fresh and might really grab you! In true deliciously rude, Cuss Kitchen fashion, we balance a healthful summer soup with a boozy lift. Make this recipe.
Fire Nuts Fire up those Nuts! Spicy Asian Mala Peanuts – These Sichuan pepper spicy nuts are the perfect compliment for beer or a cocktail. They are different, fragrant, and addictive! My ‘Spicy’ friends beg for them. It may be a simple crunchy snack, but powerful flavor! Make Fire Nuts for parties, Lunar New Year, Chinese New Years Parties. Count on Cuss kitchen recipes that are super easy to make, and highly addictive.
The Stiffy This delicious Mezcal beverage is balanced with the citrusy Cointreau and fresh lime juice. You will love that the mix is amped up with Guajillo Pepper simple syrup and a Chipotle sugar rim. This recipe delivers a slightly sassy chili tang, with wonderful smoke, and spice. So fill your cocktail shaker with ice, add all ingredients, mix, and Shake well. You will like this recipe.