Want a Quickie? I am talking about the appetizer!
Not a great cook? …Get Avo it! This is the Kimchi Avocado toast you have been waiting for. Hass Avocados are richer in taste and creamier in texture, and make a perfect base for a crunchy, spicy Korean slaw called Kimchi. This is a vegetarian pleaser- with a creamy, tangy, Avo-Awesome profile.
You won’t have doubters after this appetizer…and if you do- tell them to KISS MY HASS
Avocado Toast with Kimchi
Kiss My Hass
- 4 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Kimchi juice
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 2 Ripe Avocados- peeled, chopped, and mashed
- 1 tsp Fresh Lime juice
Kiss my Hass - Additional ingredients
- 1 French Baguette loaf or Sourdough loaf
- ¼ cup Cilantro- Diced
- ¼ cup Green onion- Diced
- 1 cup Chopped Kimchi- Drained Retain Kimchi juice
Make Your Kimchee Mayo
- Whisk together Mayonnaise and Kimchi juice in a small bowl, and set aside
Make Your Avocado Mash
- Peel, chop, and mash the avocado
- Add the lime juice and stir with a spoon- set aside
Kiss My Hass- Assembly
- Slice baguette into ½ inch slices
- Toast your slices on a baking sheet at 400 degrees for 5-6 minutes or until brown
- Cover toast with a thin coating of avocado mash
- Cover the avocado with a layer of diced Kimchi
- Drizzle Kimchi mayo over the Kimchi
- Sprinkle the toasts with Cilantro and Green Onion
- Transfer to a platter and serve
What is Kimchi?
Kimchi is a traditional Korean staple whose components vary but usually include some combination of vegetables, garlic, ginger, chili peppers, salt, and fish sauce, and then pickled. Cabbage is the most common vegetable used to make Kimchi although carrots, radish, cucumber, and scallions are sometimes used, too. Kimchi is a fermented blend and an excellent Probiotic, great for guts! It typically comes in varying levels of spice.
You are looking to make creamy avocado mash. Make sure your avocados are dark and squeezable.
For your Kimchi and Avocado toast, your choice of Kimchi will make a difference- make sure the spice level matches your audience.
Kiss My Hass is a great appetizer, or Party snack, but if you would like a little more zing in your Breakfast-give it a try!
Kimchi is usually found in the refrigerator section- near the produce
We have a bright and lightly spicy cocktail that will complement the Kimchee profile, Little Pecker Cocktail: