Good Pizza A$$
Fig and Prosciutto Flatbread
- Balsamic Vinegar Glaze
- Lavash flatbread
- Crumbled Gorgonzola
- Black Pepper/ Sea Salt
This is the Good Pizza A$$ you have been waiting for! This Fig and Prosciutto Flatbread has a light and crunchy base- and it’s ALL about the BASE- Right? This delicious and crisp fresh personal pan pizza features a salty meat, sweet roasted figs, and creamy Gorgonzola cheese. Looks fancy, but it’s an easy flatbread pizza recipe!
Prepare the figs and onions ahead of time- and assemble a lavash pizza in minutes. What kind of a person doesn’t like delicious homemade Pizza- A Weirdough?
NOTE: Weirdoughs/Weirdos… are fully embraced here at Cuss Kitchen
SLICE, SLICE, BABY!
Why would I prefer flatbread to pizza?
Flatbread is typically thinner and lighter than pizza, which can make it a more appealing option for those who are watching their weight or trying to maintain a healthy diet. Additionally, flatbread can be more versatile than pizza in terms of toppings and flavorings. While pizza can be made with a wide range of ingredients, flatbread can be easily adapted to suit a variety of tastes and dietary needs.
For example, it can be topped with vegetables, cheese, or nuts, and can be baked or grilled to create a crispy, delicious snack or meal. Ultimately, the choice between flatbread and pizza will depend on your individual needs and preferences, but if you are looking for a tasty and healthy snack or meal, flatbread may be the perfect choice for you.
What is the best bread for a flatbread pizza?
When it comes to making a flatbread pizza, the choice of bread is important. The best bread for a flatbread pizza is something that is thin, crispy, with a bit of chewiness.
Naan bread is a popular choice for a flatbread pizza as it has a soft texture that cooks well with toppings.
Alternatively, Pita bread is another fantastic option as it is thin, pliable, and easy to work with.
Lavash is a bread that is leavened and baked in a tandoor. Lavash is served with kebabs and is used to scoop up food or wrap round food before being eaten. Its origins are ancient and it is also known as lavaş depending on the region
Whichever bread you choose, ensuring that it is not too thick or too thin is essential as it can affect the overall texture of the pizza. Ultimately, it all comes down to personal preference. Enjoy experimenting with different types of pizza base until you find your favorite canvas of golden brown goodness. Try out some new choices of pizza crust / bread on your next Pizza night!
Fig and Prosciutto Flatbread
Good Pizza A$$$
Flatbread Pizza Ingredients
- 1 package Fresh Figs
- 1 Yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 4-5 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar Glaze
- 1 12-14 oz Package Lavash Flatbread
- 1 6-8 oz Package Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese
- 1 6-8 oz Package Prosciutto
- Fresh Baby Arugula
- Black Pepper
- Sea salt
Preheat Oven or Toaster Oven to 350 degrees
- Wash and trim off the ends of the figs
- Cut figs into ¼ inch slices
- Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray or parchment paper and add the sliced figs
- Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
- Cut the figs in quarters and set aside
Prepare Caramelized Onions
- Peel the onion and slice thinly
- Sauté the onions in butter and add a tablespoon of Balsalmic Vinegar glaze, and stir frequently
- Continue the saute until the onions are slightly brown and translucent
- Set aside
Assemble your Pizza/Flatbread
- Bake or Toast each piece of your flatbread (together in your oven, or in the quantities possible in your toaster oven) This should take 4-5 minutes at 350
- Remove from the oven, and add Fig pieces, Onions, Prosciutto, and Gorgonzola Cheese
- Generously pepper the top of the flatbread, and add a sprinkle of sea salt
Right Before Serving your Pizza/Flatbread
- Toast again for 4-5 minutes
- Remove from the oven
- Garnish with clean fresh Baby Arugula on top of each flatbread, and drizzle with Balsamic Glaze
- Serve Immediately and enjoy while warm
- Make this Fig and Prosciutto flatbread ahead of time and do the final toast right before you serve- The crispy crust and warm, creamy cheese will steal the show
- Rather than a traditional pizza dough, I found Brooklyn Bred (Lavash) at Fresh Market, and Lavash Flatbreads at Trader Joe’s- Both make a delicious flatbread crust. You could also use Naan.
- This flatbread recipe makes a delicious and easy dinner. You can customize your toppings to your palate, or to the tastes of your friend and family.
- Goat cheese makes a great substitution for Gorgonzola cheese
- Your Balsamic Vinegar Glaze gives a sweetness to balance to the salty Prosciutto and Gorgonzola cheese. You also get some spice from the peppery arugula
Perfect Pairing for our Good Pizza A$$ – Fig and Prosciutto Flatbread
Easy B#tch Margaritas Welcome to the best
bitch batch margarita recipe. This tried and true simple margarita recipe has served as a mainstay of our parties. Forget the mixes! This is a classic Batch Margarita recipe you can make in minutes.
Skinny Whore-jito This low-calorie Whore-jito combines Sugar free lemonade, white rum, fresh mint leaves, and sliced strawberries. The Weekend – maker! Perfect for the summer heat.
Furthermore, this Mojito batch recipe is great for parties and perfect for summer. Relish a delicious and refreshing mojito that is the perfect guilt-free cocktail for a hot summer day. Make it for your next adult pool party. Try this skinny mojito recipe.