Blushing Ho (a frozen Vodka cocktail with Campari)
A Blushing Ho? How is that even possible?
Ho’s have seen it all! I’m not sure I want to imagine what it would take to make them blush. Let’s not go there.
Luckily, we have a far better Blushing Ho experience to offer- with this irresistible summer cocktail. Featuring Vodka, Triple Sec, Campari Liqueur, and Ruby Red Grapefruit juice (for Tartness…get it?) served up deliciously in a slushie creation- truly tantalizing.
If a few sips bring a rosy glow to your cheeks, don’t worry- you’re not a Blushing Ho! It’s just this delectable frozen cocktail doing its best to quench your thirst with euphoric gratification… Much like an actual Ho would…just sayin’
A frozen Vodka cocktail with Campari?
Campari is a bold red Italian Aperitif. It has a bitter, spicy and sweet flavor with notes of citrus and herb. Consequently, Campari is often used in drink recipes with club soda, tonic or citrus juice such as grapefruit or orange.
It is often paired with Gin or mixed with prosecco or sparkling wine to make a spritz. Historically speaking, Campari was invented in 1860, and originally its red color was derived from crushed cochineal insects. Early production began in 1904 near Milan, and the liqueur is sold in over 190 countries today (without insects)
In the Cuss Kitchen, Blushing Ho, the Bitter Campari is the perfect complement to Ruby Red Grapefruit juice. Additionally, it is a frozen cocktail that is perfect for a hot summer day.
More Info on Campari
What are tips for Making Cocktails for a Party?
- Simplify. Rather than making multiple cocktails, chose a signature cocktail that will create a delicious experience for your guests.
- Prepare a batch mixture of your cocktail ahead of time and chill. Your guests can immediately receive a cocktail at the perfect temperature.
- Prepare your cocktail glasses ahead of time. Whether a Martini glass or cocktail glass, you can have your glasses chilled, and garnished. Garnish with a lime wheel, or rim the glass with graham cracker crumbs (as in this recipe), or a more creative flourish- prepare ahead
- Set up your Bar or Self-serve Beverage Station. . Just before the party you can pull out your ice bucket, your garnished glasses, and even pour a few cocktails for your first guests. Remember to have a picture of water, and some non-alcoholic options such as sparkling water, juice or sodas.
- Be in the moment- Your friends want to see and enjoy you!
Make a Grapefruit and Campari cocktail. If a few sips bring a rosy glow to your cheeks, don’t worry- you’re not a Blushing Ho! It’s just this delectable frozen cocktail doing its best to quench your thirst with euphoric gratification… Much like an actual Ho would…just sayin’
Refreshing Frozen Cocktail of Grapefruit, Vodka, Triple Sec, and Campari
- 8 oz Water
- 8 oz Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice
- 4 oz Vodka
- 4 oz Triple Sec
- 3 oz Campari Liqueur
- Lime wedges
Mix your Blushing Ho cocktail
Combine all ingredients in a bottle or glass-covered container
Place your cocktail mix in the freezer overnight or for at least 10 hours
Serve your Blushing Ho cocktail
Use a metal spoon or butter knife to break up the ice
Pour into a glass and stir
Garnish and serve immediately – It’s ready
- No time for freezing? Substitute 8oz of water for 10 oz of ice, and add all ingredients to the blender. Mix, Grind, and pour into cocktail glasses. Garnish with lime wedges. Serve and enjoy.
- This Grapefruit Cocktail is easy to make, and wonderful to store and have ready for impromptu gatherings. Yet, you may just want to have one all to yourself.