Do you love it Dirty? We do too! This spiked Horchata with Rum and Kahlua is a creamy and smooth Mexican cocktail. It is a great balance to spicy dishes or a special treat in front of a warm fire.
on a Mexican Horchata
What is a Mexican Horchata?
The Horchata is an authentic Mexican drink is the perfect recipe to have on hand. In addition, it’s the perfect compliment to your favorite Mexican meals and it’s a must-have for that Cinco de Mayo party. The Horchata is made up of white rice soaked in water, it’s flavored with cinnamon and its sweetened with granulated sugar. Everything is blended and later strained to remove solids. Some versions are dairy free while others contain milk and some versions contain nuts, vanilla, or coconut.
Can I make a Horchata with Rum and Kahlua dairy free?
Yes. Replace whole milk with canned coconut milk or non-dairy milk such as almond milk. There is also Kahlúa in our Horchata cocktail.
Kahlúa Original does not contain milk, cream or any milk derived ingredients.
What type of rice should I use for a Horchata?
All-purpose long grain white rice works well for traditional horchata. You can use other type of rice such as basmati, brown rice or jasmine rice. These grains will add a unique flavor, but be less traditional.
When is the best time to enjoy a Mexican Horchata with Rum and Kahlua?
How long does a Horchata with Rum and Kahlua last in the refrigerator?
It should last about 3 or 4 days for the best taste. But I guarantee that you’ll want to drink it all in a day!
Spiked Horchata with Rum and Kahlúa
Make the recipe
Horchata with Rum and Kahlua
- 2 cup Water
- 1 cup Cooked rice
- 3½ cup Milk
- ¼ cup Honey
- 2½ tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1½ tsp Cinnamon
- 4 oz Rum
- 4 oz Kahlua
The Dirty Part
- 1 cup Cold brew
Fancy Chocolate rim
- ½ cup Smuckers Magic Shell Chocolate Fudge
- In a pot, bring water to a boil
- Add rice
- Reduce the stove to low heat,
- Cover and allow to gently boil for 17 minutes
- Once the water is absorbed, remove the pot from the heat
- Fluff with a fork
- Let cool
Combine your Whorechata
- Put rice, milk, honey, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, rum, and Kahlua in a blender
- Mix well
Assemble your Dirty Whorechata
- Pour a generous amount of Magic Shell Chocolate fudge in the center of a small plate
- Refrigerate the plate for 3 minutes
- Place each glass rim down in the fudge
- Place the glass, rim side down on a paper towel for 1 minute
- Flip your cocktail glass
- Add ice
- Add Whorechata Mix- 2/3 full
- Top with Cold Brew
Mix up your Horchata with Rum and Kahlua
- There can many variations of the Dirty Whorechata, (our Khalua and Rum Spiked Horchata cocktail recipe). Try toasting the rice and cinnamon in a skillet and blending them into a fine powder, then adding to the other ingredients.
- Try a warm Whorechata- a beautiful complement to a cool evening
- A Spanish Horchata is traditionally made with emulsified tiger nuts instead of rice
Spicy foods that are delicious with our Dirty Whorechata- (A spiked Horchata with Rum and Kahlua)
The Sloppy Ho You will enjoy this Chorizo and Pepper jack Slider, a combination of spicy chorizo, and pepper jack cheese, savory Poblano, and sweet Pineapple with delicious toasted Hawaiian slider rolls.
Jalapenis Poppers These Jalapeno Poppers appetizers are a party favorite. Lucious Alouette cheese, savory and slightly smokey pepper- followed by a zingy pop. Roasting jalapenos make them mild and delicious. These are finished with a crunchy bacon wrapper right around the tip.