NAKED Egg Roll- Inside out Egg roll recipe
This appetizer is too blessed to be dressed. Naked, unafraid, and letting it all hang out! Easy inside out egg roll…
- Ground Turkey
- Minced garlic
- Fresh Ginger
- Soy sauce
- Kale/ Broccoli slaw
- Shredded carrots
- Purple Cabbage
- Green Onion
- Bean sprouts or water chestnuts
- Rice Vinegar
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Egg roll skins
- Cooking spray
Naked Egg Roll
Egg Roll in a Bowl – an air-fried bowl
The Air-fried Naked Egg Roll maintains the crunchy and flavorful elements of the original dish. This healthy combination of broccoli, kale, cabbage, onion, and sprouts complements the Asian spice and ground turkey. The crispy egg roll cup frames this beautiful hors d’oeuvre- Egg roll bowl.
Are Egg rolls actually of Chinese origin?
Egg rolls are commonly associated with Chinese cuisine, yet their origin is unsure. One theory is that they were first created in China, specifically in the city of Fujian. These early egg rolls were made with thin crepe wrappers and filled with vegetables or meat.
However, another theory suggests that egg rolls were actually invented in the United States by Chinese immigrants. Possibly invented by a chef named Henry Low in the 1930s in New York, the egg roll was designed as a new take on a traditional dish of meat and vegetable wrapped in egg.
Regardless of their exact origin, egg rolls have become a popular snack or appetizer in many countries around the world, including the United States. Whether they are authentically Chinese or a fusion creation, there is no denying that egg rolls are a beloved and delicious treat.
Ninety years later, and in keeping with Cuss Kitchen’s ever-descending depravity, this deconstructed egg roll departs from the original – in the naughtiest way we could think of (so far…).
Are Egg rolls healthy?
Egg rolls are a popular Chinese appetizer that consist of a filling wrapped in a thin wrapper made of wheat flour, egg, and water. The filling typically consists of vegetables, meat, and sometimes noodles. While egg rolls are tasty and convenient, they are not particularly healthy. Since they are typically deep-fried, they are high in fat and calories. In addition, the wheat flour wrapper used to make egg rolls is not particularly nutritious and can be high in carbohydrates.
Furthermore, the meat used in egg rolls may contain a lot of sodium, which can lead to high blood pressure if consumed in excess. While egg rolls may be tasty as an occasional treat, they should not be a regular part of a healthy diet. It’s important to balance indulgences with healthier food choices such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
We make Cuss Kitchen inside out egg rolls by air-frying the skins – egg roll without fat from frying. If we make an “egg roll in a bowl without the skin- we have a delicious mix of lean meat, vegetables, sprouts and seasonings. This is another great way to enjoy and love this recipe.
The Naked Egg Roll
Naked Egg Roll (Inside Out Egg Roll
- 1 3 ½ Diameter Muffin Tin
- 1 Large Skillet
Naked Egg Roll Filling
- 1 lb Ground Turkey or ground pork or ground chicken
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ½ tsp Minced Garlic
- ½ tsp Fresh Ginger
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4 Cups Kale/ Broccoli Slaw or shredded cabbage or bag of coleslaw mix
- ¼ Cup Shredded Carrots
- ¼ Cup Purple Cabbage
- ¼ Cup Green Onion
- ½ can Bean sprouts (Drained) or water chestnuts
- ½ Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce
Egg roll Cups
- 1 package 6 in Egg Roll skins or wrappers
- Cooking Spray
Make Egg Roll Cups
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Cover the muffin tray with Cooking Spray
- Place an Egg Roll wrapper over each muffin well, and use your finger to mold cups in each of the wells
- Use Cooking Spray to cover the cups
Egg Roll Filling
- Brown Ground Turkey, with Pepper, Garlic, Ginger, and Soy sauce
- Continue to brown until the turkey is slightly crispy
- Add the Slaw, Carrots, Cabbage, and green onions to the skillet and mix
- Continue mixing and frying until the vegetables are soft
- Add Bean Sprouts, Vinegar, and Chili Sauce
- Add filling to the Egg Roll cups
- Sprinkle additional Sweet Chili on top, if desired
The Naked Egg Roll
This inside out egg roll recipe works, and features a low carb stir fry. You will love eating this free and uninhibited version of the egg roll even more than making it. Just remember… even though your egg roll is naughty and naked, you don’t have to be.
- This recipe is delicious with ground turkey, but ground chicken, or ground sausage is also delicious.
- Remove the meat for a vegetarian appetizer or stir fry meal – Get creative with your favorite Asian vegetables. I love fried egg in the stir fry mix- though generally not used in egg rolls. You will love this easy recipe that takes so little time to make
- Serve without the egg roll cup for an excellent keto, low carb meal
- The egg roll cups can be made ahead.
- For the stir fry, Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator
This light and citrus cocktail is delicious with the Naked Egg Roll, Try the Johnny Depp Charge Why is the Rum always gone? Because this Spiced Rum Cocktail may be the best we ever Heard of! ‘Johnny’ is Dramatic, Whipped, and Frothy. Unlike actual events, we do not recommend a Vodka chaser!
Slow Skrew Cozy up to a comfortable Slow Skrew! This unique and delicious whiskey cocktail recipe features Skrewball Whiskey and is a peanut butter lover’s Dream. The Slow Skrew has a funny way of delighting you…