Stuff it (Cheesy Bacon Mini Peppers)
These cheesy bacon stuffed mini peppers make the best appetizer or quick snack. They are fresh, sweet and savory- and delicious. You will love the creaminess and the crunch.
Why you’ll love our stuffed mini pepper recipe
- Fresh and colorful- an eye-catching array of colorful peppers stuffed with warm melty cream cheese mixture with crispy bacon
- The ultimate cream cheese filling and crunchy pepper combination
- Simple to make, easy appetizer recipe
- So many ways to customize these sweet pepper poppers
- Naturally healthy, low carb, Keto, and Gluten-free
- Sweet mini Peppers
- Cream Cheese
- Bacon Extra sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Hot Sauce (to taste)
Just Stuff It!
“Stuff it,” as vulgar slang, originated in the 1950’s and is short for “stuff it up your a$$.” Charming!
Now that we have that jarring invective out of the way, let us assure you that nothing in this recipe will require anything being stuffed up anyone’s ass. We promise!
The happy truth is that these cheesy bacon stuffed peppers offer exceptional flavor to your appetizer lineup, pairing sweet, crunchy mini peppers with rich, velvety cheeses and irresistible smoky bacon.
This appetizer recipe is easy to make and can be customized for just the right amount of spicy kick to suit your taste. Even better, it can be made simpler by serving it as a dip, rather than stuffing the peppers. For the quick version, just include sliced peppers, celery, cucumber, and crispy bagel or pretzel crackers on the side.
For the stuffed version, consider adding another dimension of flavor by charring the pepper halves on the grill before assembling. Thread peppers onto metal BBQ skewers or wooden skewers pre-soaked in water for 30 minutes. Then brush with olive oil, season with a pinch of kosher salt, and grill on a preheated medium-high grill for about 2 minutes per side. Watch for a lightly charred pepper that is barely tender, not soft. Cool, then stuff the peppers with the bacon and cream cheese mixture per the recipe instructions. Perfection! (Involuntary clenching optional.)
Cheesy Bacon-stuffed Mini Bell Pepper Appetizer
Make this recipe
- 15-20 Mini Sweet Peppers Red, yellow and orange variety. Washed, halved, seeded, ribbing removed. Leave stems on.
- 8 oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/3 Cup Bacon Fried and chopped. Use smoked regular cut, not thick
- 3/4 Cup Extra Sharp Cheddar Or Pepper Jack, grated
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Chives Chopped + more for garnish
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- 8-10 Dashes Hot Sauce Or to taste
- Using a hand mixer, whip the cream cheese & mayo until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until well combined, adjusting salt, pepper, and hot sauce to taste.
- Using a small butter knife, fill each pepper half with the cream cheese mixture.
- Arrange on a platter & sprinkle with additional chopped fresh chives.
- Chill and enjoy.
Stuff It- even more
- Seasoning- Try some Everything Bagel Seasoning on top, or add your favorite herbs to the stuffed mini sweet peppers
- You can substitute the bacon for Chorizo sausage
- Swap the cream cheese for goat cheese, or shredded cheddar cheese, salt and pepper to taste
- Stuff your sweet mini peppers with spinach and artichoke dip or crab dip
- Put them on the grill until the peppers are tender and the stuffing mix is warm
- Use the same cream cheese and bacon filling for stuffed sweet pepper poppers and Jalapeno Poppers(for your friends that like a little heat)
FAQ’s on Fresh Stuffed Mini Peppers
What the FAQ?
What are Mini Peppers?
These little peppers come in a colorful mix- red orange and yellow. Mini peppers are smaller than a bell pepper and have a sweet crisp taste. These sweet peppers are part of the “Capsicum Family” along with all other types of peppers. They are native to the Americas, but are now cultivated worldwide . They are the perfect size for appetizers and their mild sweetness allows you to create fresh, roasted or grilled appetizers with all sorts of fillings- cheeses, meats, herbs, and spices.
Can I make fresh stuffed peppers ahead of time?
For the best crunch. Cut your pepper lengthwise shortly before serving. You can make the filling ahead of time and keep it with your peppers in the refrigerator. With the cheese filling already made- these are a quick and healthy snack. Cheese stuffed mini peppers are also great for a Bento box.
How long can I keep left-over fresh sweet mini stuffed peppers?
Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Though they will keep for 2-3 days- the fresh crunch degrades after a day.
Can I freeze fresh cheesy stuffed mini peppers?
No- It is not recommended. You will lose the peppers crispy texture.
Other great Vegetable Appetizers to serve with your Cream cheese stuffed sweet peppers
Horny Gazpacho a Bloody Mary inspired, spiked and spicy garden-fresh summer soup. Beef steak tomatoes, Roasted Poblanos, Jalapenos, Red Pepper, onion AND Hornitos Tequila- blended into the perfect puree and summer elixir.
Whoop Hass This appetizer creates an explosion of freshness in your mouth-fresh and bright tomato cups, matched with the rich texture of bean hummus, and the creamy zip of guacamole