Now that we have that delightful invective out of the way, let me assure you that nothing in this recipe will require anything being stuffed up anyone’s ass. Whew!
The happy truth is that these stuffed peppers offer exceptional flavor to your appetizer lineup, pairing sweet, crunchy mini peppers with rich, velvety cheeses and irresistible smoky bacon.
It’s easy to make and can be customized for just the right amount of spicy kick to suit your taste. Even better, it can be made simpler by serving it as a dip, rather than stuffing the peppers. For the quick version, just include sliced peppers, celery, cucumber, and crispy bagel or pretzel crackers on the side.
For the stuffed version, consider adding another dimension of flavor by charring the cut peppers on the grill before assembling. Thread peppers onto metal BBQ skewers or wooden skewers pre-soaked in water for 30 minutes. Then brush with olive oil, season with a pinch of kosher salt, and grill on a preheated medium-high grill for about 2 minutes per side. Watch for a lightly charred pepper that is barely tender, not soft. Cool, then stuff the peppers per the recipe instructions. Perfection!
And your ass will remain completely intact. At least until your next colonoscopy.
Cheesy Bacon-stuffed Mini Bell Pepper Appetizer
- 15-20 Mini Sweet Peppers Red, yellow and orange variety. Washed, halved, seeded, ribbing removed. Leave stems on.
- 8 oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/3 Cup Bacon Fried and chopped. Use smoked regular cut, not thick
- 3/4 Cup Extra Sharp Cheddar Or Pepper Jack, grated
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Chives Chopped + more for garnish
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- 8-10 Dashes Hot Sauce Or to taste
- Using a hand mixer, whip the cream cheese & mayo until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until well combined, adjusting salt, pepper, and hot sauce to taste.
- Using a small butter knife, fill each pepper half with the cream cheese mixture.
- Arrange on a platter & sprinkle with additional chopped fresh chives.
- Chill and enjoy.