Jalapenis Poppers (Bacon-wrapped Jalapeno Poppers)
These are a party favorite. Lucious Alouette cheese, savory and slightly smokey pepper- followed by a zingy pop. Roasting jalapenos make them mild and delicious. These are finished with a bacon wrapper right around the tip. ( I have even joked about using a wine charm right around the tip- but that’s not edible-so watch out)
No breading to mask these sensational flavors. Jalapenis Poppers are perfect for friends on a Keto or Gluten-free diet. They are best served warm- makes about 20. You may want to double this recipe for a summer BBQ or Cinco de Mayo party- JalaPenis Poppers are always the first to go!
Don’t let “Jalapeno Hands” scare you away from our delicious Jalapeno recipes.
“Jalapeno Hands” or eyes could be a Shitastrophy! It could affect you- even hours after cooking. Though you may not feel a burn immediately, when you cut into a Jalapeno, capsaicin can transfer to your skin- and potentially any part of the body you touch- Especially painful if you touch your eyes- Wear gloves!
The best remedy is prevention (gloves), but if you ever have “Jalapeno Hands”, the casein in cool milk or yogurt can help relieve the burning sensation. Oil or hot soapy water can also help dissolve the capsaicin on your skin.
Try Jalapenis Poppers with our Easy Bitch Margaritas. Great for sports parties, or even a romantic evening in.
Bacon-wrapped Jalapeno Poppers with Alouette Cheese
- 10 Jalapenos (smaller bite-sized peppers)
- 1 6.5 oz Alouette Garlic and Herbs spreadable cheese
- 1 16 oz Thin-cut bacon
- Wear gloves- Wash Jalapenos, and cut lengthwise- I like keeping the stems on
- Remove the seeds and white pith from inside of the cut peppers
- Fill each pepper with Alouette cheese- mound slightly in the Jalapeno
- Wrap a half piece of thin-cut bacon around the bottom of each Jalapeno. Tuck the bacon behind the pepper and overlap the edges. You can also use a toothpick to hold them together
- Cook at 400 degrees until the bacon is fully cooked and crispy (approximately 15-20 minutes)
- Remove each popper from the tray and set them on paper towels to drain the bacon drippings
- Transfer to a serving tray and serve warm
Jalapenis Poppers will vary in size- but it’s the “Motion of the Ocean” 🙂
Some will be more savory, others will bring the heat. Cooking times may also vary- watch them closely in the oven after 15 minutes- and make sure your bacon is fully cooked and deliciously crispy
These are delicious! Be sure bacon crisps well. Had them at a party. Yum!