Everyone appreciates Lucious Balls! Chocolate, Bourbon, Hazelnuts, and Animal crackers- Oh My!
These are Adult-only boozy Chocolates! You will be able to taste the Bourbon flavor in our Luscious Balls- we think it makes them complex and interesting. A fantastic recipe –
Bourbon Balls offer up a powerful punch in a small bite. These no-bake treats are the perfect treat for your Bourbon-loving friends, or your next Kentucky Derby Party. Bourbon Balls make a great gift. Box them up as a party favor or host gift – beautiful homemade present (So much better than store Bourbon Balls).
Use Milk-chocolate Melting wafers. The combination of Dark chocolate and Bourbon can get a little bitter. No need to cook your chocolate for long. As soon as you get a silky smooth mix- you can transfer the ganache to a dish for cooling.
Make sure your ganache is cold enough- if it gets warm while you are making the balls, take a break and put it back in the freezer for a while
Store in an airtight container, in the refrigerator or freezer- These Bourbon balls are soft and always better chilled. So impressive to have a batch ready to serve
Which Bourbon is best for Bourbon Balls?
The Best Bourbon makes the Best Bourbon balls! Pick your favorite – Woodford Reserve , Angel’s Envy, 1792, Maker’s Mark, or Elijah Craig. The taste will come through.
Chocolate Bourbon Balls with Hazelnut and Animal Crackers
- 10 oz Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Melting Wafers
- ¼ cup Heavy Whipping cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ¼ cup Your favorite Bourbon
- 1 cup Toasted and coarsely chopped Hazelnuts
- 1 cup Animal crackers (coarsely chopped)
- Slowly melt chocolate wafers in a double boiler
- Add Vanilla, Heavy cream, and Bourbon- and continue to stir until the mixture is smooth
- Transfer the chocolate mix to a pie dish and let cool for 15 minutes
- Cover and place ganache in the freezer for 1 hour
Prepare Truffle Topping
- Toast 1 cup of Hazelnuts for approximately 4 minutes, and then coarsely chop
- Coarsely chop 1 cup of animal crackers, and combine with Hazelnuts
- Put the mixture on a plate
Alternate Truffle Topping(boozier)
- Coarsely chop 1 cup pecans, and place in a small container
- Add ½ cup of Bourbon to the container and marinate the pecans.
- Let the topping sit for at least 30 minutes (Pecans should be slightly soft and wet-not bathing)
Complete your Lucious Balls
- Pull ganache from the freezer
- Shape 1 teaspoon of the ganache into a ball
- Roll the ball in the Hazelnut and Cracker mix
- Place on a tray- and repeat (You should get about 36 truffles)
- Place the tray in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours
- Remove from the refrigerator and place on a serving tray
Easy, delectable sweet treat! I made the bourbon nutty luscious balls, yum! I used Makers Mark Bourbon. Freeze well. Love them balls!
Warning- these are ADDICTING!! I had these at a party and it took all my strength to only have a few handfuls of these. I had to remove myself from the dessert table to the other side of the party to let other people enjoy these rich, dark, and naughty balls. The temptation was too great!