Everyone appreciates Lucious Balls! Chocolate, Bourbon, Hazelnuts, and Animal crackers- Oh My!
These are Adult-only boozy treats! You will taste the Bourbon in our Luscious Balls- we think it makes them complex and interesting. If you want a little less drama, you can reduce the Bourbon.
Use Milk-chocolate Melting wafers. The combination of Dark-chocolate and Bourbon can get a little bitter. No need to cook your chocolate for long. As soon as you get a silky smooth mix- you can transfer the granache to a dish for cooling.
Make sure your ganache is cold enough- if it gets warm while you are making the balls, take a break and put it back in the freezer for a while
Store in the refrigerator or freezer- These Bourbon balls are soft and always better chilled
Who wouldn’t want the gift of Luscious Balls? Box them up as a party favor or host gift, or beautiful homemade present
Chocolate Bourbon Balls with Hazelnut and Animal Cracker Dusting
- 10 oz Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Melting Wafers
- ¼ cup Heavy Whipping cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ¼ cup Your favorite Bourbon
- 1 cup Toasted and coarsely chopped Hazelnuts
- 1 cup Animal crackers (coarsely chopped)
- Slowly melt chocolate wafers in a double boiler
- Add Vanilla, Heavy cream, and Bourbon- and continue to stir until the mixture is smooth
- Transfer the chocolate mix to a pie dish and let cool for 15 minutes
- Cover and place ganache in the freezer for 1 hour
Prepare Truffle Topping
- Toast 1 cup of Hazelnuts for approximately 4 minutes, and then coarsely chop
- Coarsely chop 1 cup of animal crackers, and combine with Hazelnuts
- Put the mixture on a plate
Alternate Truffle Topping(boozier)
- Coarsely chop 1 cup pecans, and place in a small container
- Add ½ cup of Bourbon to the container and marinate the pecans.
- Let the topping sit for at least 30 minutes (Pecans should be slightly soft and wet-not bathing)
Complete your Lucious Balls
- Pull ganache from the freezer
- Shape 1 teaspoon of the ganache into a ball
- Roll the ball in the Hazelnut and Cracker mix
- Place on a tray- and repeat (You should get about 36 truffles)
- Place the tray in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours
- Remove from the refrigerator and place on a serving tray