Red Lips Sink Ships
Pomegranate and Tequila Cocktail
The pomegranate and tequila cocktail will make anyone feel powerful enough to sink a ship! Where a pink drink (like a pink panty dropper) may take away your inhibitions, this RED drink may empower you!
Until lipstick was popularized in the early 20th century, red lips were often associated with morally dubious women: impolite, sexually amoral, even heretical. The shift to red-painted lips designating a powerful woman came from the Suffragette Movement.
In her book, Red Lipstick: An Ode to a Beauty Icon, Rachel Felder states “There could not be a more perfect symbol of suffragettes than red lipstick because it’s not just powerful, it’s female.” Come WWII, women all over the world defiantly wore red lipstick as it was said Adolf Hitler did not like red lipstick. You ladies know what a man who is afraid of powerful women has (or that is, doesn’t have).
The ease of this tasty drink gives you more time to show off your power (shaking). Just fill your shaker with ice and all of the ingredients except for the sparkling water or Prosecco
Shake it! Hard!
Strain into a martini glass, top with your sparkling water or Prosecco, and garnish with a lime.
Grab on to your power, paint your lips, sip this cocktail and sink that ship baby!
A nice twist on a Pomegranate Margarita
The ‘Most Loved Cocktail in the US?
Speaking of Margaritas… Did you know that according to Nielsen, Margaritas have been, and still are, the most loved cocktail’ in the US.? The most popular cocktail since the time Nielsen started polling in 2016.
Since then, we have seen Margarita blends have had ups and downs- but recently Margarita lovers have been combining higher quality, fresher ingredients, and better Tequilas and Mezcals for premium tasting Margaritas.
Salt or no salt on the rim, Chill and enjoy!
What are tips for Making Cocktails for a Party?
- Simplify. Rather than making multiple cocktails, chose a signature cocktail that will create a delicious experience for your guests.
- Prepare a batch mixture of your cocktail ahead of time and chill. Your guests can immediately receive a cocktail at the perfect temperature.
- Prepare your cocktail glasses ahead of time. Whether a Martini glass or cocktail glass, you can have your glasses chilled, and garnished. Garnish with a lime wheel, or rim the glass with graham cracker crumbs (as in this recipe), or a more creative flourish- prepare ahead
- Set up your Bar or Self-serve Beverage Station. . Just before the party you can pull out your ice bucket, your garnished glasses, and even pour a few cocktails for your first guests. Remember to have a picture of water, and some non-alcoholic options such as sparkling water, juice or sodas.
- Be in the moment- Your friends want to see and enjoy you!
Pomegranate & Tequila Cocktail
Red Lips Sink Ships
- 1oz Shot Glass
- 1 Drink Shaker
- 2 oz Tequila Blanco is best.
- ½ oz Fresh lime juice
- ½ oz Agave nectar
- 1½ oz Pomegranate juice
- 2 dashes Rhubarb bitters
- Prosecco or Sparkling water
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the Prosecco or Sparkling water in a shaker
- Add ice and shake
- Strain the cocktail into a martini or wine glass
- Top the cocktail with Prosecco or Sparkling water
- Garnish with a lime slice