Feel like a good Poke? Maybe it’s been a while since you have had a really satisfying Poke?
Poke’ Tuna Martini appetizer, that is. You will be saying Ah-Ha! to the Ahi… This is an elegant and impressive appetizer for special occasions. A sinfully indulgent combination of sweet Ahi Tuna, Avocado, spicy Sriracha, Crème Fraiche, and crunchy seaweed salad, finished with fine scallion slices and black sesame seeds. Gluten-free/Keto and low calorie- and better yet- No cooking!
For the record, ‘In the RAW’ isn’t meant to imply that you serve this dish sans clothes. Research shows that most guests prefer fresh, raw Ahi tuna without a fresh, and naked host- almost every time. Trust us. We did the research.
In the RAW (Tuna Martini)
In the RAW
- 8 oz Fresh Seaweed Salad
- 1 lb Sushi-Grade Tuna - cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 1 Ripe Avocado- cut into ¼-inch cubes
- ¼ cup Lime juice
- 4 oz Creme Fraiche
- 1 tsp Sriracha Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Finely chopped scallions
- 1 ½ Tbsp Black Sesame seeds
- Cut raw Tuna into ¼-inch cubes
- Cut Avocado into ¼-inch cubes
- Sprinkle the avocado cubes with lime juice to keep them fresh-looking longer (Discard extra juice)
- Finely chop scallions
Prepare Creme Fraiche
- Stir Sriracha and Creme Fraiche together (add additional Sriracha if you prefer more spice)
Assemble your Tuna Martini
- Add 1½ ounces of seaweed salad to each Martini glass
- Add 2 ounces of Tuna to the top of the Seafood Salad
- Drizzle Sriracha/CremeFraiche over the Tuna
- Add 5-6 Avocado pieces
- Sprinkle scallions and Sesame seeds on top
- Serve chilled
Buy your Sushi-grade Tuna at a trusted fish market. Since you are serving raw fish, it is important it is of the highest quality and fresh. Your big box stores such as Costco and Sam’s club typically do not carry the top grade.
Buy your seaweed at a grocery store that sells fresh-made sushi
Sprinkled lime or lemon helps keep avocados looking fresh longer. Citrus fruits naturally contain strong antioxidants that work against oxygen to slow browning.
Champagne or Prosecco is perfect with this appetizer
We also love this cocktail with Rum, Galliano, Citrus, Ginger, and Coconut, The Harvey Kitchenbanger: https://cusskitchen.com/harvey-kitchen-banger