O’ Christmas Brie
How lovely are your Cheesy branches…? Enjoy Christmas Brie Trees – Brie cheese dipped in seasoned honey and rolled in fresh herbs and bacon. Tiny bits of cranberry adds a little extra sparkle. A creative and easy Christmas idea that will be the star of the party
Fast, Flavorful and Festive! In so few minutes you can add this gorgeous appetizer to your Holiday table. Christmas Cheese Trees are a Go-To recipe because it is simple, easy- and no baking!
Make two versions. Honey for the more subtle version, and Hot honey for a version with a subtle and delicious zing!
Why will I love O’ Christmas Brie?
- Simple and easy- So fast to make- Under 15 minutes
- Fun, Festive and Fabulous- with Fresh Herbs
- No-Baking- Delicious and Soft Brie
- Great appetizer to take to a party
- Make two versions. Honey for the more subtle version. Hot honey for a version with a delicious zing!
Ingredients in Christmas Brie Trees
- Brie Wheel Cheese round or Laughing Cow Cheese wedges
Quick mixture for coating
- Fresh Parsley
- Cooked Bacon
Seasoned Dipping Honey
- Honey or Mike’s Hot Honey
- Chipotle seasoning
- Garlic salt
- Pretzel Sticks
Christmas Brie Trees – So easy to make
- Finely chop your Parsley, Chives, Pecans, Crispy Bacon and Craisins. Mix together
- Combine Honey and spices onto a plate
- Cut your Brie into triangle shapes
- Dip the Brie in the honey in both sides- and set into herb mix- Use a butter knife to press the mix onto the tree for full coverage
- Plug a pretzel stick in the bottom of the tree
- Serve and enjoy
O' Christmas Brie
- 1 Brie Cheese or Laughing Cow Cheese Round The size of the cheese will determine how many appetizers
- ½ Cup Fresh Parsley
- 12 Chives
- ½ Cup Pecans
- 2 Strips Cooked Bacon
- ⅓ Cup Craisins
- ½ Cup Honey or HOT HONEY
- 1 Tsp Chipotle Seasoning
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Salt
Garnish (Or Christmas Tree Stand)
- 12-18 Pretzel sticks
- Finely chop the Parsley, Chives, Pecans, Cooked bacon, and Craisins. Mix together
- Combine Honey and spices on to a separate plate
- Cut Brie into triangle shape (or use pre-cut Laughing Cow cheese)
- Dip the Brie in the Honey- covering all sides. Set into the herb mix. Use a knife to press the mix into the tree for full-coverage
- Plug a pretzel stick into the bottom of the tree
- Serve and enjoy
Aphrodesi’Hacks’ for Holiday Cheese Trees
- Don’t make your Christmas trees to large- They are meant to be made with cheese wedges – an appetizer bite and not a meal! Keep it a respectably small tree shape
- Use a butter knife to move the cheese while assembling. The pretzel sticks are cute, but not very utilitarian.
- This festive Holiday appetizer can be made hours ahead, and refrigerated. The pretzel sticks can be added right before serving.
- There are many green spices that would taste delicious on the Christmas Brie Trees. Try favorites like Basil or Rosemary-
- They are great for Christmas Parties, but they can be messy- serve with a plate!
- Share your favorite Cuss Kitchen recipes – We love your feedback
FAQ’s for Hot Honey
What the FAQ
Why add Hot honey to a Goat Cheese Tart?
The drizzle of Hot honey does not make the pastry spicy or hot. Hot honey adds subtle complexity – another layer of flavor that takes a delicious tart to the next level.
What is Hot honey?
Hot honey is simple and brilliant. A delicious spicy condiment that is a combination of natural honey and dried chili peppers. Your selection of peppers and the quantity used will determine the flavor and heat level. This sweet spice is being added to cheeses, meats, desserts, and even cocktails.
Can I make my own Hot Honey?
YES- Hot honey is simple to make – 2 or 3 ingredients – natural honey and dried chili peppers and sometimes a touch of hot sauce. Your selection of peppers and the quantity used will determine the flavor and heat level. Some Hot Honey recipes add a touch of hot sauce or apple cider vinegar.
How do I make Hot Honey?
To make Hot honey, you add 1 cup of honey, 2-3Tbsp of chili flakes, and if desired 1 Tbsp of hot sauce to a small pan- a warm gently until bubbles start appearing at the edge of the pan. (Do not boil.). Turn off the heat and let the chilis infuse into the honey. Use a fine mesh sieve to strain your honey, and put into a jar or storage container.
Is Hot Honey healthy?
YES. National brands may vary, but Mike’s Hot honey, for example, is all natural with no artificial flavors, preservatives, or sugar. It is gluten-free and paleo friendly.
Why is Hot Honey trending?
Hot honey adds subtle complexity – another layer of flavor that takes a delicious dish or cocktail to the next level. Hot Honey is clean and healthy. It’s chilies, and honey. One of the biggest trends is clean ingredients, and this honey fits into that.
The culinary scene is bursting with new innovative ways to enjoy hot honey. According to Hasegawa’s 2023 Food and Beverage Flavor Trends Report: 55% of consumers mentioned hot honey as a top interest. Hot honey is a top regional and international influence. 60% of consumers want to experience spicy honey in 2023
What are great ways of trying hot honey?
People enjoy Hot Honey on Pizza, Cheese, Chicken and Pork, Barbeque, Roasted vegetables, Ice cream, and even cocktails.
What are other Holiday Cuss Kitchen features?
ChaRIZZmas Cannoli Martini Martini’s don’t get better than this. The ChaRIZZmas Cannoli Martini is as gorgeous, as it is delicious. The Martini is decadent with Whipped Cream Vodka, Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, and Creme de Cocoa- finished with Whipping cream, Fresh Ricotta cheese, and a dash of Cinnamon. AND what about the rim? In true Cannoli style, the Martini is even more dramatic with a melted Chocolate, Pistachio and Maraschino cherry finish. A true homemade special occasion cocktail
Luscious Balls This is a very ‘HANDS ON’ recipe. Everyone appreciates Lucious Balls! Chocolate Bourbon balls with Hazelnuts, and Animal crackers- Oh My! Savor our Adult-only boozy Chocolates! You will be able to taste the Bourbon flavor in our Luscious Balls- it makes them complex and interesting. A fantastic recipe and the Best Christmas treat. Our Luscious Balls offer up a powerful punch in a small bite. Make these no-bake treats as the perfect treat for your Bourbon-loving friends.
Yeti Balls Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Abominable Snowman… so elusive and hard to find…AND YETI …. we have their balls- Snowball cookies with Cranberry and Pistachio! Enjoy this classic Christmas Cookie with a twist. Pistachio nuts and cranberries make these easy snowball cookies fun and festive!
Let’s give ’em Pumpkin to talk about You will love this Gourmet Rumchata Pumpkin and Biscoff pie recipe. Oh my Gourd! This is the pie that will make your Holiday merrier! This recipe is revolutionary. Crispy, caramelly, cookie crust, and a gourmet pie filling infused with a good helping of Rumchata. It bakes up beautifully and will be your new favorite Holiday tradition. After all Beauty is in the Pie of the Beholder