Let’s Give ’em Pumpkin to talk about
You will love this Gourmet Rumchata Pumpkin and Biscoff pie recipe. An unparalleled Pumpkin flavor...Oh my Gourd!
After all Beauty is in the Pie of the Beholder!
This is the pie that will make your Holiday merrier! This recipe is revolutionary with a crispy, caramelly, cookie crust, and a gourmet pie filling infused with a good helping of Rumchata. It bakes up beautifully and will be your new favorite Holiday tradition. Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving Dinner, Christmas Dinner…your birthday- You will want this Boozy pie all year long
The usual spices are there, Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, and Salt. You will enjoy the thick custard richness with sweetened condensed milk, and egg whites…but you will definitely love that it is spiked with 8 ounces of delicious Rumchata. The flavors of this liqueur meld perfectly with Pumpkin. A really delicious twist on the classic Pumpkin pie Holiday dessert. Tasty and absolutely Gourd-geous!
There is something about the smell of pie spices that sparks loving memories of home.
So many reasons to love Pumpkin Pie …and this is the Best of the Best Pumpkin recipes.
What you need to make a Rumchata Pumpkin and Biscoff pie
- Stand Mixer
- Blender or Food Processor
- Pie Dishes / Pie plates
- Biscoff Cookies
- Pure Pumpkin or Pumpkin Puree (Canned Pumpkin)
- Brown Sugar
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
Simple to make a Rumchata Pumpkin Pie
Love Pumpkin pie…a Comforting and Homey Fall dessert
Make your crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Use your food processor to grind Biscoff cookies
- Stir in the melted butter
- Press the crumb mixture into pie dishes and bake at 350 for 8 minutes
Make the Rumchata Pumpkin Pie filling
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Whip egg whites and place aside
- Combine Pumpkin, Sugar, Eggs and Sweetened condensed milk in a mixing bowl
- Add spices and Rumchata, and mix until smooth
- Gently fold in egg whites, and pour the mixture on top of your baked pie shells
- Bake the pies at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, and then bake an additional 45 minutes at 350 degrees (there should be no jiggle)
- Let the pies cool. Serve and enjoy
Gourmet Rumchata Pumpkin and Biscoff pie
a Next level Boozy Pumpkin Pie recipe
Let's give 'em Pumpkin to Talk about
- 1 Food Processor
- 1 Mixer
- 2 Pie Dishes
- 2 8.8oz Package of Lotus Biscoff Cookies
- 12 oz Melted Butter
Pumkin Pie Filling
- 3 Whipped Egg Whites
- 1 15 oz can Pure Pumpkin (Not Pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Salt
- 8 oz Rumchata (Horchata Con Ron Cream Liqueur)
Make the Lotus Biscoff Cookie Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Place all unwrapped cookies in the food processor
- Fully grind the cookies until they are an even crumb consistency
- Melt the butter
- Add the cookie crumbs and the butter in a bowl and stir
- Divide the crumbs evenly into 2 pie dishes
- Use your fingers to press the crumbs evenly around the sides of the pie dish- trying to create even edges to the rim of the dish.
- Finish the crust by pressing the remining crumbs evenly at the bottom of the pie dish, so that you have consistent coverage and no holes in the crust.
- Repeat the process with the second pie crust
Create your Rumchata Pumpkin Pie Filling
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Whip 3 egg whites at a high speed until fluffy, and then set aside in a dish
- Now that you have removed the egg whites from the mixing bowl, add the Pumpkin, Brown Sugar, 2 large eggs(yolk and white) and sweetened condensed milk
- Add spices and Rumchata to the mixture, and blend until fully mixed.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the stand, and gently fold in the egg whites
- Add the Rumchata Pumpkin filling on top of the baked cookie crumb crusts
- Place the pies in the 425 degree oven for 15 minutes
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake for approximately 45 additional minutes
- Remove the pies once they appear firm(not jiggly), and pass a tooth pick test in the center of the pie
- Let cool before serving
FAQ’s on Rumchata?
What is Rumchata?
Rumchata is a Caribbean Rum based cream liqueur. The liqueur was inspired by the Spanish and Latin American drink the Horchata. Rumchata is sweet with notes of vanilla and cinnamon. It is made from dairy cream, and does not actually have Horchata in the ingredients. It is 13.75% ABV, and manufactured in Pewaukee, Wisconsin, since 2009.
Are there substitutes for Rumchata?
Ricura Horchata Cream Liqueur, or Caruva Horchata Cream Liqueur appears to be a close flavor profiles.
Do you need to refrigerate Rumchata?
Even though it’s a cream liqueur, you don’t need to refrigerate after opening. However, once opened, you should consume Rumchata within 6 months.
Does Rumchata taste good in foods?
Rumchata is excellent in Hot Chocolate, or Ice Cream – In fact, it is also a great match with pumpkin spice flavors because of the Dairy, Vanilla and Cinnamon.
FAQ’s for Pie crust with Biscoff Cookies
What are Biscoff cookies?
Biscoff cookies are a crunchy rectangular shortbread cookie with spices and a deep caramel flavor. A unique recipe since 1932, these cookies are vegan friendly, and made with RSPO certified palm oil. They have no preservatives, artificial colors or flavors. Traditionally popular in Belgium, the Netherland and Germany, Speculoos style cookies are becoming increasingly popular in the US. Lotus Biscoff is the name given to Speculoos cookies and cookie butter in North America. They are increasingly being featured in many new dessert recipes.
Why are Biscoff cookies growing in popularity?
The name Biscoff was coined in 1986. It’s popularity grew as a ‘biscuit’ that complimented coffee. Airlines began serving Biscoff cookies due to their taste, long shelf life, and their suitability for a wide range of dietary restrictions.
What is Speculoos?
Whether you know them as Speculoos, Speculaas, Spekulatius of Lotus Biscoff- these names represent an irresistible cookie. They are buttery ginger shortbread treats that are crunchy, spiced and caramelized. Especially popular in Belgium, the Netherlands, and Germany- they are traditionally made and eaten on St. Nicholas Day and throughout the Holiday season. They are often embossed or stamped with a variety of designs.
You may also know the flavor from the well-known airline treat- Lotus Biscoff cookies.
Why use Biscoff Cookies in pie crusts and other desserts?
A cookie crust is often used for desserts with a moist filling. The cookie crust will maintain its crisp, and add an interesting texture to the dessert. In addition, Biscoff cookies have a buttery richness, toasted spice and caramel flavor that can create a new more complex flavor profile.
Mix It up
- Allow your pies to cool completely and Garnish with Whipped cream
- Switch up the booze, and infuse a different liquor in this easy pumpkin recipe- like Bailey’s Irish cream
- Don’t have Biscoff cookies? Make this creamy pumpkin pie recipe with Nilla Wafers, Animal Crackers, or Graham Crackers
More great recipes for the Holiday Season
Tini Indiscretion You will love this Pecan Pie Martini recipe. Enjoy Creme de Cacao liqueur, Rumchata, Bourbon, and a chopped Pecan – caramel rim. Just the right sweetness with Pecan Pie goodness in every sip- makes the perfect Christmas cocktail …and for the rest of the year…You may find yourself cheating on your go-to Martini- but it’s just a ‘Tini’ Indiscretion
Snowblower Margarita Cocktail You will be BLOWN AWAY by our decadent Coconut Mezcal White Margarita. The Snowblower blends smokey Mezcal cocktail flavor with icy coconut cream, lime and vanilla. Even better, all of this goodness is accentuated by a cheeky cocktail rim that is 1/2 sparkly white, and 1/2 yummy and edible snowblower debris. You will love this winter cocktail.
Cran this be Love? You will love this Holiday Cranberry sauce with Brandy. Nicely spiced like a chutney – citrusy and spiked with Blackberry Brandy. Make this recipe.
Luscious Balls This is a very ‘HANDS ON’ recipe. Everyone appreciates Lucious Balls! Chocolate Bourbon balls with Hazelnuts, and Animal crackers- Oh My! Savor our Adult-only boozy dessert! You will be able to taste the Bourbon flavor in our Luscious Balls- it makes them complex and interesting. A fantastic recipe and the Best Christmas treat. Our Luscious Balls offer up a powerful punch in a small bite. In fact, these no-bake treats are perfect for your Bourbon-loving friends.