F*cking Spice Up Your Potato Game
Ask the first MFrrrr what they would do with potatoes. And the answer is likely to be: Either fry them or mash them. Boring AF if you ask for our opinion.
Potatoes, both the regular and sweet varieties, often find themselves relegated to the sidelines of culinary creativity, confined to the monotony of fries or mashed potatoes. Winter, with its chilly embrace, calls for hearty and diverse meals, and potatoes are the unsung heroes that can transform your winter dining experience. Time to explore three tantalizing ways to elevate the humble spud, adding a touch of bad-a$$ery to your winter feasts.
Cepelinai: The Humble Lithuanian Winter Night Dumplings
These potato meat dumplings are very good, though making them successfully can take some practice. To keep them from falling apart, make sure the raw potato mixture is smooth (finely grated), not shredded, and keep the stuffed dumplings at a gentle boil.
BBQ Bacon-Shrimp and Sweet Potato: A Bad-A$$ Winter Appetizer
For those looking to add a dash of bad-a$$ery to their winter gatherings, look no further than BBQ Bacon-Shrimp and Sweet Potato bites. Picture this: succulent shrimp, wrapped in crispy bacon, and adorned with a sweet potato slice, all glazed with a yummy BBQ sauce. This appetizer isn’t just a treat for your taste buds; it’s a f*cking explosion of flavors.
The bites are not only visually stunning but also pack a punch of contrasting tastes – the sweetness of the potato, the smokiness of the bacon, and the savory goodness of the shrimp. Serve these bad boys with a festive cocktail, and you’ve got yourself a winter appetizer that’s bound to impress.
Shrimply Bad Ass
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chipotle chili pepper
- 12 uncooked peeled jumbo shrimp
- 6 pieces of bacon
- Mix brown sugar, cumin, and chili pepper in a small bowl
- Poke several holes in the sweet potatoes,
- Microwave for 12-15 minutes or until squeezably soft. Let rest until cool to the touch
- Slice the sweet potatoes into ⅛ inch wedges
- Place a piece of foil in the wire rack of the air fryer, and spray with cooking oil
- Place the sweet potato slices on the tray and cover with the brown sugar mixture
- Wrap each raw shrimp with ⅓ slice of bacon
- Place each wrapped shrimp on a sweet potato round
- Place a dab of barbeque sauce on top of each shrimp
- Air fry for 10-12 minutes until potatoes are soft and bacon is crispy
Dauphinois Gratin: Sophistication in a Potato Dish
So, this winter, stop serving your potatoes in boring ways. French fries? Meh. Mashed potatoes? Too dull for words. Time to make sure your winter meals are finally elevated to a whole new level of awesomeness. So, f*cking get in the kitchen and let the potato revolution begin!