Fillet- EO, just sort of rolls off the tongue, doesn’t it?
These glazed steak bites are spicy, sexy, and will melt in your mouth. Perfect for a sports party, or for a special event.
Fillet-EO bites are easy to make and will be the appetizer everyone is asking about.
So, please forgive this saucy write-up…so much of our humor is ‘Tongue in cheek’!
Glazed Sweet and Spicy Steak Bites
Prepare Steak Bites
- 1 lb Your favorite steak fillet
- ½ cup Flour
- 1 cup Seasoned Panko
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 15.25oz Rufus Teague Touch of Heat BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tsp Minced Garlic
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Trim the steak, and cut it into small cubes
- Put 1/2 cup flour onto a plate
- Mix 2 eggs with a splash of water
- Put 1 cup of Panko on a plate
- Dip each meat cube in the flour, then egg, and then panko
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes
Prepare the Glaze
- Combine the BBQ sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire Sauce, and garlic in a saucepan. Mix and bring to a gentle boil
Dip each steak bite in the glaze, and return it to the tray
- Place picks in each of the bites, and place them on a serving tray
- Best when served warm
Better cuts of meat, lead to better Steak bites.
The size of your steak cubes will affect cooking time. Consider using a meat thermometer for the perfect cooking time
While other brands of Barbeques may be substituted. Rufus’ Teague’s ‘Touch of Heat’ really gives a great combination of Sweet and Spicy.
Think ahead, and find some fun and exotic picks to bring this appetizer the attention it deserves.
Mix It Up:
These are also delicious served with grilled vegetables on a Kabob. Roast the vegetables separately, and paint the vegetables with the leftover sauce.