Fillet- EO, just sort of rolls off the tongue, doesn’t it?
These glazed BBQ steak bites are spicy, savory, sexy, and will melt in your mouth. Perfect for a sports party, or for a special event.
Fillet-EO bites are delicious and easy to make and will be the appetizer everyone is asking about.
So, please forgive this saucy write-up…so much of our humor is ‘Tongue in cheek’! – or just plain Cheeky!
What is the best cut of steak for steak bites appetizer?
When it comes to creating an appetizer, like steak bites, choosing the right cut of steak is crucial. The best cut is one that is tender and flavorful, making it easy to cook and enjoyable to eat. While many cuts that can be used, the filet mignon cut is regarded as one of the top choices for a steak bites appetizer. This cut is taken from the tenderloin part of the cow, which is known for its tenderness and lean meat.
Another popular option for steak bites appetizer is the ribeye cut. This cut comes from the rib section of the cow and is known for being flavorful and juicy. The marbling of fat in this cut gives it its distinct and rich flavor.
Sirloin steak is also a suitable option for steak bites appetizer. This cut is taken from the back of the cow and has a leaner meat, making it healthier compared to other cuts. It is also affordable and widely available, making it a popular choice for a range of recipes including steak bites appetizer.
In contrast, some cuts of steak are not well-suited for steak bites appetizer. For example, the tough cuts like flank, chuck or skirt steak should be avoided as they require a longer cooking time to make them tender, making them an inappropriate choice for the quick and easy preparation of steak bites appetizer.
Glazed Sweet and Spicy BBQ Steak Bite Recipe
Prepare Breaded Steak Bites
- 1 lb Your favorite steak fillet
- ½ cup Flour
- 1 cup Seasoned Panko
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 15.25oz Rufus Teague Touch of Heat BBQ Sauce or your favorite BBQ sauce, or homemade BBQ sauce
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tsp Minced Garlic
- Preheat the oven or Barbeque to 400 degrees
- Trim the steak, and cut it into small cubes
- Put 1/2 cup flour onto a plate
- Mix 2 eggs with a splash of water
- Put 1 cup of Panko on a plate
- Dip each steak piece in the flour, then egg, and then panko
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes
Prepare the Glaze
- Combine the BBQ sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire Sauce, and garlic in a saucepan. Mix and bring to a gentle boil
Dip each steak bite in the glaze, and return it to the tray with tongs
- Place picks in each of the bites, and place them on a serving tray
- Best when served warm
Aphrodesi’hacks’ for BBQ Steak Bites:
- Sirloin steak, New York Strip, Ribeye, Filet Mignon – Better cuts of Beef, lead to better, more tender Steak bites
- While other brands of BBQ sauce may be substituted. Rufus’ Teague’s ‘Touch of Heat’ Barbeque Sauce is the perfect combination of Sweet and Spicy. You might enhance the sauce ingredients with salt and pepper or other seasoning to taste.
- This recipe works in the oven or on the Barbeque grill with skewers. Delicious for cookouts
- Think ahead, and find some fun and playful picks to bring this appetizer the attention it deserves.
- Don’t waste expensive beef cubes -Use a good meat thermometer, to achieve the perfect level of doneness
Internal temperatures for steak:
NOTE: With smaller pieces of meat, you will reach your desired temperatures faster, than with a larger piece of meat
- RARE– Cool red center 125 degrees F / 52 Degrees C
- MEDIUM RARE– Warm red Center 135 degrees F / 57 degrees C
- MEDIUM- Warm Pink Center 145 degrees F / 63 degrees C
- MEDIUM WELL– Slightly Pink Center 150 degrees F / 66 degrees C
- WELL DONE– Little or no Pink 160 degrees F / 71 C
Mix It Up:
BBQ Steak Bites are also delicious served with grilled vegetables on a Kabob, or Corn on the Cob. Roast the vegetables separately, and paint the vegetables with the leftover sauce.