Fillet- EO (Glazed Spicy Steak Bites)
Fillet- EO, just sort of rolls off the tongue, doesn’t it?
These glazed steak bites are spicy, savory, sexy, and will melt in your mouth. Perfect for a sports party, or for a special event.
Fillet-EO bites are delicious and easy to make and will be the appetizer everyone is asking about.
So, please forgive this saucy write-up…so much of our humor is ‘Tongue in cheek’! – or just plain Cheeky!
Glazed Sweet and Spicy Steak Bite Recipe
Prepare Breaded Steak Bites
- 1 lb Your favorite steak fillet
- ½ cup Flour
- 1 cup Seasoned Panko
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 15.25oz Rufus Teague Touch of Heat BBQ Sauce or your favorite BBQ sauce, or homemade BBQ sauce
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tsp Minced Garlic
- Preheat the oven or Barbeque to 400 degrees
- Trim the steak, and cut it into small cubes
- Put 1/2 cup flour onto a plate
- Mix 2 eggs with a splash of water
- Put 1 cup of Panko on a plate
- Dip each steak piece in the flour, then egg, and then panko
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes
Prepare the Glaze
- Combine the BBQ sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire Sauce, and garlic in a saucepan. Mix and bring to a gentle boil
Dip each steak bite in the glaze, and return it to the tray with tongs
- Place picks in each of the bites, and place them on a serving tray
- Best when served warm
Sirloin steak, New York Strip, Ribeye, Filet Mignon – Better cuts of Beef, lead to better, more tender Steak bites
While other brands of BBQ sauce may be substituted. Rufus’ Teague’s ‘Touch of Heat’ Barbeque Sauce is the perfect combination of Sweet and Spicy. You might enhance the sauce ingredients with salt and pepper or other seasoning to taste.
This recipe works in the oven or on the Barbeque grill with skewers. Delicious for cookouts
Think ahead, and find some fun and exotic picks to bring this appetizer the attention it deserves.
Don’t waste expensive beef cubes -Use a good meat thermometer, to achieve the perfect level of doneness
Internal temperatures for steak:
NOTE: With smaller pieces of meat, you will reach your desired temperatures faster, than with a larger piece of meat
RARE– Cool red center 125 degrees F / 52 Degrees C
MEDIUM RARE– Warm red Center 135 degrees F / 57 degrees C
MEDIUM- Warm Pink Center 145 degrees F / 63 degrees C
MEDIUM WELL– Slightly Pink Center 150 degrees F / 66 degrees C
WELL DONE– Little or no Pink 160 degrees F / 71 C
Mix It Up:
These are also delicious served with grilled vegetables on a Kabob, or Corn on the Cob. Roast the vegetables separately, and paint the vegetables with the leftover sauce.
A very easy to make appetizer that will receive a ton of compliments. I used filet mignon as recommended in the Aphrodesi’hacks’ which made for very tender meat. The glaze was delicious. I highly recommend this appetizer.