Honey Dew Me (A Midori Margarita Cocktail)
A honey Dew flavored Midori Margarita
Honey Dew Me
Needing a little special attention? We know what’s #1 on your Honey Dew list!
Enjoy A honey Dew flavored Midori Margarita- A blend of fresh, sweet and tart – a vacation in your cocktail glass. A great twist on the classic. This is the Margarita recipe you will serve again and again.
What’s in a Honey Dew Me?
Ingredients – Tequila, Fresh lime juice, Zing Zing Margarita mix, and Midori Liqueur
Shake it up and pour the delicious flavor over ice. Drink and Enjoy
What is Midori?
Midori is an electric green, honeydew melon-flavored liqueur. It was first released in 1964 with the name Hermes Melon Liqueur, and later changed to Midori. Midori Melon Liqueur is flavored like Japanese muskmelon, which is the most expensive fruit in the world.
How does the ‘Honey Dew Me’ compare to a traditional Margarita?
The ‘Honey Dew Me’ is slightly sweeter/less tart. Made with Tequila, Margarita Mix, or sour mix, Midori and fresh lime. Try it, and see if you enjoy the notes of melon.
The ‘Most Loved Cocktail in the US?
Speaking of Margaritas… Did you know that according to Nielsen, Margaritas have been, and still are, the most loved cocktail’ in the US.? The most popular cocktail since the time Nielsen started polling in 2016.
Since then, we have seen Margarita blends have had ups and downs- but recently Margarita lovers have been combining higher quality, fresher ingredients, and better Tequilas and Mezcals for premium tasting Margaritas.
What should I pair a melon cocktail with?
When it comes to pairing a melon cocktail with food, there are choices. If you’re looking for something light and refreshing, pairing a melon cocktail with a fresh fruit salad or a vegetable platter would be a solid choice. The sweetness of the melon will complement the fruits and vegetables.
For something more substantial, you could pair your melon cocktail with a savory appetizer like a cheese or charcuterie board. The saltiness of the cheese and cured meats will contrast nicely with the sweetness of the cocktail, while the melon will provide a refreshing balance.
Alternately, If you’re serving a melon cocktail with a meal, consider pairing it with seafood or grilled chicken, as these lighter dishes will complement the delicate flavors of a melon cocktail.
Refocus your ‘Honey Do’ List …Just say – Honey Dew Me
Honey Dew Me
- 1 Cocktail Shaker
- 1 Margarita Glass
- 2 oz Tequila
- 2½ oz Midori
- 3 oz Zing Zang Margarita mix
- 1 oz Fresh Squeezed lime
- Put ice in a cocktail shaker
- Add Tequila, Midori, Zing Zang Margarita mix, and Fresh lime to the shaker
- Put ice in a Margarita glass
- Pour the cocktail into the Margarita glass
What are tips for Making Cocktails for a Party?
- Simplify. Rather than making multiple cocktails, chose a signature cocktail (like Honey Dew Me) that will create a delicious experience for your guests.
- Make a batch mixture of your cocktail ahead of time and chill. Your guests can immediately receive a cocktail at the perfect temperature.
- Prepare your cocktail glasses ahead of time. Whether a Martini glass or cocktail glass, you can have your glasses chilled, and garnished. Garnish with a lime wheel, or rim the glass with graham cracker crumbs (as in this recipe), or a more creative flourish- prepare ahead
- Set up your Bar or Self-serve Beverage Station. Just before the party you can pull out your ice bucket, your garnished glasses, and even pour a few cocktails for your first guests. Remember to have a picture of water, and some non-alcoholic options such as sparkling water, juice or sodas.
- Be in the moment- Your friends want to see and enjoy you! Afterall, it’s your party.
Why will I enjoy a Melon Margarita?
The Honey Dew Me Margarita features the flavors of Honey Dew and lime complemented by Tequila and balanced by Zing Zang cocktail mix. The Honey Dew Me cocktail is a fun and interesting taste to enjoy.
What is a ‘Classic Margarita’?
The ‘Classic’ Margarita is a combination of tequila, lime juice and orange liqueur. The recipe specifically calls for one-and-a-half ounces of tequila blanco, three-quarters ounce of fresh lime juice and one ounce of orange liqueur. As the most loved cocktail in the US- we enjoy the classic and many interesting variations.
Does the quality of Tequila in a Margarita matter?
Yes, a more discerning palate will be able to taste a superior Margarita with a quality Tequila. A quality tequila is made from 100% blue agave. Margarita lovers have been combining higher quality, fresher ingredients, and better Tequilas and Mezcals for premium tasting cocktails.
Will Margaritas keep in the refrigerator?
Yes, Margaritas will stay fresh for up to three days in the refrigerator. They should be stored without ice so the cocktail mixture is not watered down. For a pitcher of frozen margaritas, blend them and leave them in the freezer.
What was the inspiration for the frozen Margarita?
The frozen Margarita was invented in 1971 by Mariano Martinez, a Dallas restaurateur who was inspired by 7-Eleven’s Slurpee.
Have a few of our favorite appetizers with Honey Dew Me – A honey Dew flavored Midori Margarita
A Hot date with ‘Honey Dew Me‘- Sounds like a combination! (just sayin’)
MotherShuckers and Honey Dew me make a delicious sweet and salty combination