Gobble her Cobbler (Peach and Caramel Cobbler)
Gobble her Cobbler? How about a warm Peach and Caramel Cobbler with a light and flaky topping, smothered in vanilla bean ice cream? You will gobble this up! All other Cobblers are going down!
So many types of Homemade cakes with fruit
What is a Cobbler?
Cobbler is a dessert with fruit filling at the bottom of a baking dish, covered in batter, biscuit, or dumpling before being baked.
What is a Crisp?
A Crisp is similar to a Cobbler but the topping on the fruit is crispier, crumble topping. The topping is usually butter and sugar, with flour, or oats.
What is a Crumble?
A Crumble is a crisp without oats in the topping. It may feature nuts, but it is usually a combination of butter, flour and sugar. The topping tends to be more clumpy than a crisp.
What is a Buckle?
Buckles are an old fashioned dessert that features a single layer with the fruit baked in. The fruit appears to be ‘buckled’ or indented into the cake.
What is a Slump?
A Slump is a old-fashioned dessert with fruit that is similar to a Cobbler, but it is baked on the stove top rather than the oven
What fruit is used in these cakes?
Cobblers, Crisps, Crumbles, Buckles, and Slumps- Why so many? Maybe because they are easy, delicious, and versatile. Part of that amazing variety comes from the many flavor choices of fruit. You may select berries or stone fruit. Great combinations can include berries like raspberries, blueberries, or blackberries mixed with a stone fruit like peaches, apples , apricots, or pears. Other delicious combinations include mixed berries, strawberries and rhubarb, or cranberry apple. You may need to adjust the level of sugar based on the sweetness, or tartness of the fruit you choose.
Light and flakey Peach and Caramel Cobbler Recipe
Gobble Her Cobbler
Ingredients for flakey Cobbler topping
- 2 cups all-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 ½ sticks Butter
- 3 tbsp Lard or Shortening
- ice water
Ingredients for Cobbler Caramel
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Milk
Ingredients for Cobbler Peaches
- 2 ½ pounds Pealed and sliced Peaches
- 2 tbsp Corn Starch
- ½ cup White sugar
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 beaten egg
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
Whipped Dairy Topping
Make the flaky Cobbler Topping
- Mix flour and salt in a large bowl
- Add butter and lard
- Mix and break the butter and lard into small pieces with a butter knife
- Dip your hands in ice water, and combine the ingredients with your hands
- Add 2 Tbsps of water and keep mixing- wetting hands occasionally
- Dough should resemble small crumbles
Make your Cobbler Caramel
- Combine brown sugar, butter, and milk
- Stir and bring to a gentle boil
- Let cool
Get your Cobbler Peaches Ready
- Put peeled/sliced Peaches in a large bowl
- Combine the peaches, corn starch, sugar, and cinnamon
- Let rest for 15 minutes
Preheat Oven to 375
Assemble Your delicious Cobbler
- Use cooking spray to prepare 7 ramekins
- Place Ramekins on a baking tray
- Divide your juicy peaches between the 7 ramekins
- Drizzle a tablespoon of the caramel over the peaches in each ramekin
- Layer the Cobbler topping on each ramekin
- Paint beaten egg on top of each cobbler
- Combine sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle on each ramekin
- Place Ramekin tray in the oven, and bake for approximately 35 minutes
- Let cool for 5 minutes
Top your Cobbler with 1 small scoop of vanilla ice cream
Cover the ice cream with additional caramel sauce and whipped topping
Peach and Caramel Cobbler
This Homemade Peach and Caramel Cobbler recipe is best with fresh ripe peaches.
Mix it Up
This same great recipe could be prepared in a 9 x 13 pan, rather than individual ramekins
You can turn this Cobbler into a Peach Carmel Crisp, by eliminating the Cobbler topping and using this topping instead:
3/4 cup of flour
3/4 cup brown sugar – Mix
Add 4 1/2 Tbsp softened butter- Stir and layer over peaches
Perfect pairing with Peach and Caramel Cobbler
Try a delicious Bourbon cocktail with your Cobbler,
Wicked Bitchcraft: This is an amazing alchemy of melt-in-your-mouth fall flavors with the Va Va Voom of Bourbon. Conjur up this Truly ass-kicking Bitchcraft. (Drink a few of these and they will definitely cast a spell on you ) …Delightfully Wicked, and truly Enchanting-