Wow! Our readers keep sending us the funniest and most delicious recipes- but so many have to do with SEX…???
We are the Cusskitchen, NOT the FORNIKITCHEN! 🙂
This recipe has the Trois, or Tri-Fecta, Cake, Ice Cream, and Meringue. We have made the Old-fashioned Baked Alaska 70% easier, personalized, and even more delicious- That nostalgic homemade ice cream cake that is simple- and likely to be a new tradition at your house. Gourmet birthday cakes, holiday cakes. Serve for Valentines/ Galentines Day. It’s a favorite cake- any way you slice it!
Meringue a Trois (Personal Baked Alaska Ice Cream Cakes)
- 1 Cooking Torch
- 1 Package Strawberry Shortcake Cups
- 1 jar Hot Fudge
- 1 Package Heath Bar crumbles
- 1 Container high-quality Ice cream
- 6 Large Egg whites
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ¼ tsp Cream of tarter
- Prepare a large open space in your freezer
- Place Cake Cups on a flat tray
- Fill Cake Cups with Fudge, and cover with Heath Bar Crumbles
- Quickly add one round scoop of your favorite ice Cream to each Cake Cup
- Immediately place in the freezer for 2 hours
- Separate Egg whites and place them in a spotless glass mixing bowl (Careful no yolks!)
- With an electric mixer, whip the Egg whites until they are glossy and smooth
- Add the Cream of Tartar
- Slowly add the Sugar a Tablespoon at a time while beating
- Continue to beat on HIGH until the whites form stiff peaks
Cover your Ice Cream Cakes
- Begin with 2 Cakes at a time
- Use a frosting knife, to cover each cake with Meringue
- Use a Kitchen torch to toast all sides of the cake
- Return the 2 Cakes to the freezer
- Frost the next 2 Cakes and repeat
- Decorate the cakes with a Cherry, Strawberry, or other decoration
- Keep frozen until ready to serve
Make sure to clear room in your freezer, before you start.
Ice cream and cake domes can be assembled 2 days ahead. Then cover with Meringue and toast right before serving.
Meringue can be touchy. Be sure your mixing bowl is clean and dry, and that there are no yolks with the whites. Add your Cream of Tartar , and sugar gradually, and make sure you whip until peaks will literally stand up. Pointy Peaks should be sticking out on your beaters, and in your meringue as you remove the mixer. (It takes longer than you may think but be careful not to over-beat)
Mix up your Mini Baked Alaskas, with flavors of ice cream. Other favorite combinations include:
- Fudge Carmel, and Chopped Pecans with Chocolate Ice cream.
- Cream Cheese, Fudge, Strawberries, and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.
- Hot Fudge, Oreo crumbs, and Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream.
Other recipes will recommend broiling your Baked Alaska in the oven for about 2 minutes. This is risky! If your cake is not exceptionally hard-frozen- you can have a delicious river running across your oven. You can buy a cooking torch on Amazon for around $15. It really pays off in the recipe!
History of the Baked Alaska:
A Brief History Of Baked Alaska
Shocked at how easy this was Fun to make- impressive to serve