Buttered Nuts Squash Hummus
Let’s get this straight, we are NOT talking about ‘Nut Butter’ which is too nasty and twisted for words.
Roasted and Curried Butternut Squash makes this hummus different and absolutely delicious-
Not only is this a super-food, but also a ‘Skinny Dip’ – No nudity required (Unless you want to)
Be sure to pair it with our homemade PITA chips
Despite the fun acronym, they are definitely not a Pain-In-The-Ass.
You can also serve Buttered Nuts Hummus with an assortment of fresh vegetables.
So Easy, Delicious, and Bougie- to-die-for, right out of the oven.
Curried Butternut Squash Hummus
Buttered Nuts Hummus
- 1 lb Butternut Squash - Roasted
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 1 tbsp Simply Organic Curry Powder
- 3 tbsp Tahini
- 2 tbsp Minced garlic
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- ⅓ tsp Cayenne
- 1 Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 tsp Better than Boullion- Chicken Flavored
- ¼ cup Coconut Milk
- ½ cup Chopped cilantro
Roast Butternut Squash
- Put cooking spray on a baking dish or tray
- Cut the Butternut squash in half
- Use a large spoon to scoop out seeds and stringy parts of the squash
- Place the cleaned squash on the tray or dish with the inside part of the squash face-down
- Roast at 375 degrees for approximately 50 minutes
- Once the squash is cooked- Fork It! Make sure it is soft.
- Peel and cube
- Cover a 2nd baking tray with cooking spray
- Place drained chickpeas on the tray
- Roast at 375 degrees for approximately 10 minutes
- Blend the squash, and chickpeas in a food processor
- Add curry, tahini, garlic, salt, cayenne, lemon zest, bullion, coconut milk, and cilantro to the food processor, and blend
- Serve with pita chips or cucumber wedges
Add a little more Coconut milk for a creamier texture
Mix it Up:
Add a little more zing with an extra 1/3 tsp of Cayenne