Harvey Kitchen Banger (A new take on Harvey Wallbanger cocktail- with Ginger Citrus and Coconut)
You will love this interesting twist on an old favorite. Try the Harvey Kitchen banger and enjoy the fusion of Galliano, Rum, Triple sec, lemon, Creme de Coconut, and Ginger beer in a frothy new cocktail.
- White Rum
- Triple Sec
- Key West Lemon juice
- Ginger Beer
- Citrus Garnish
You will love this Galliano cocktail – a welcoming cocktail- perfect for a Bachelorette party, Ladies Night, or Galantines.
Harvey Wallbanger’s mythology goes back to a surfer dude in the 1950s. In addition to elevating the drywall repair business, Wallbanger became a drink sensation- Banging in the ’50s, and so popular in the ’70s, Harvey was a write-in Presidential candidate.
If that isn’t sexy enough
the Galliano company came out with a slogan, featuring Wallbanger, “My name is Harvey, and I can be made” Sends little chills doesn’t it?
So Watch-out! This randy guy is back and Banging in the Kitchen! (Some soft placemats may be in order)
Enjoy the Harvey Kitchen Banger, because…”It can be made”!
Ginger, Citrus, Coconut- Bang!
What is Galliano?
Galliano L’Autentico is a golden yellow Italian liqueur . Galliano is sweet with vanilla-anise flavor and subtle citrus and woodsy herbal undernotes. Developed in the late 19th century, Galliano is used in a variety of cocktails. Galliano’s most famous cocktails are the Harvey Wallbanger and golden Cadillac from the 1970s. While it’s known for retro drinks mixologists are finding new uses. It is also a nice digestif to enjoy after a meal.
There are possible substitutions for Galliano. Licor 43, Yellow Chartreuse, and Strega will be the best options. Licor 43 has a dominant vanilla flavor. All three liqueurs have hints of anise.
Harvey Wallbanger cocktail
Harvey Kitchen Banger
- ½ jigger Galliano Liquor
- 1 jigger White Rum
- ½ jigger Triple Sec
- ⅓ jigger Nellie & Joe's Key West Lemon Juice
- Gosling's Ginger Beer
- Add ice to a cocktail glass
- Add Galliano, White Rum, Triple Sec, Lemon Juice, and Creme of Coconut
- Top the drink with Ginger Beer, and stir again
- Garnish with Citrus
What are tips for Making Cocktails for a Party?
- Simplify. Rather than making multiple cocktails, chose a signature cocktail that will create a delicious experience for your guests.
- Prepare a batch mixture of your cocktail ahead of time and chill. Your guests can immediately receive a cocktail at the perfect temperature.
- Prepare your cocktail glasses ahead of time. Whether a Martini glass or cocktail glass, you can have your glasses chilled, and garnished. Garnish with a lime wheel, or rim the glass with graham cracker crumbs (as in this recipe), or a more creative flourish- prepare ahead
- Set up your Bar or Self-serve Beverage Station. . Just before the party you can pull out your ice bucket, your garnished glasses, and even pour a few cocktails for your first guests. Remember to have a picture of water, and some non-alcoholic options such as sparkling water, juice or sodas.
- Be in the moment- Your friends want to see and enjoy you!
Make your XXX Cocktail perfect for those Skinny Bitches- with diet Ginger beer
Perfect Pairings with the Harvey Kitchen Banger
Try these appetizers with our delicious Harvey Wallbanger cocktail, The Harvey Kitchen Banger
Try Champagne Crab and Avacado Aoli on a garlic round, Crabbies . Crostini with Champagne Vinaigrette Crab….No “Cootie on a Booty”…No Extra “Junk on the Trunk….” No “Gooch Goblins”- Not that kind of Crabs! These are delicious real crab appetizer rounds with a smooth and tangy Avocado Aioli.
The crab is marinated in a champagne vinaigrette for a little extra zip Will you love these? CRABSOLUTELY!
You will also love our Ahi Tuna, Avocado, Spicy Creme Fraiche, and seaweed salad appetizer, In the Raw . This is an elegant and impressive appetizer for special occasions. A sinfully indulgent combination of sweet Ahi Tuna, Avocado, spicy Sriracha, Crème Fraiche, and crunchy seaweed salad, finished with fine scallion slices and black sesame seeds. Gluten-free/Keto and low calorie- and better yet- Fresh Healthy ingredients – No cooking!