The Spread (Mascarpone Butter Board with Balsamic Strawberries)
Is your mind in the gutter? Bring it back to the kitchen!
It is time for a Mascarpone Butter Board with Balsamic Strawberries, Basil and Candied Pecans. This is super easy appetizer to make. Spend hardly any time in the kitchen -the express train of bougie, simple goodness. Fall in love with a delightful new taste. You need to make the Spread.
Your next Charcuterie Board should be a Butter Board -there are so many delicious butter board recipe options, and butter board ideas!
How do you make the Best Butter Board? Serve a Butter Board?
This is a different take on the hugely popular Butter Board trend recently featured on Tiktok, by Justine Doiron. Such a fun and interesting Mascarpone cheese appetizer recipe. For most of these Boards, butter is the star of the show, but for this recipe, we feel like Mascarpone is a more interesting base than salted or compound butter.
What is Mascarpone?
Mascarpone cheese is a type of cheese originating in Italy. It’s made from two ingredients – heavy cream and citric or tartaric acid. Mascarpone cheese is often compared to cream cheese, ricotta cheese, crème fraiche, and clotted cream. Mascarpone is sweeter and less tangy product than its peers. It is often preferred for its extra smooth texture.
Start with a large board, wooden board, cutting board, or platter. Use creamy Mascarpone cheese, rather than sweet butter for an interesting twist. Put dollops of cheese on your board, and use the back of a spoon, or spatula to spread the cheese evenly across the Board. Add finely chopped fresh basil, and thinly sliced strawberries. Next top with candied Pecans. Add flaky sea salt, fresh ground pepper, and balsamic glaze to taste. Dip that bread and Take a bite!
Crostini – Make your crispy toast with soft butter
Brush the butter onto French baguette slices(or other crusty bread) and toast. You can serve the crisp toasts on the side of your board, or in a separate basket. Don’t forget to include cheese knives for serving.
The Spread (Basil and Balsamic Strawberry Butter Board)
- Sm-Med Wooden Cutting Board
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- ½ Cup Rough Cut Pecans
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 French Baguette Thinly sliced and toasted
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 8 oz Mascarpone Room Temperature
- 6-8 Fresh Strawberries Washed, De-stemmed, and thinly sliced
- 3-4 Basil leaves (large) Washed and cut into thin strips
- Salt (a light dusting)
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- ¼ Cup Balsamic Glaze
Make Your Toast
- Cut the Baguette into thin slices
- Lightly butter each toast
- Set aside
Prepare the Ingredients for your Board
- Cut the strawberries into thin slices
- Cut the basil into thin strips
Make Candied Pecans
- Add 1 Tbsp butter to a frying pan on low heat
- Allow the butter to melt
- Add brown sugar and stir
- Add pecans and stir for 3-4 minutes
- Remove from heat
- As the nuts cool, they may require an additional rough chop
Assemble your Butter Board
- With a butter or cheese knife create circles of Mascarpone across ⅔ of your board. Spread thickly for good coverage.
- Add strawberry slices and basil strips
- Add candied Pecans
- Lightly salt
- Add fresh ground pepper
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar across your cheese
- Add the baguette slices to the ⅓ of the board that is unused
- You’ll want to use softened Mascarpone at room temperature.
- Choose a great crusty bread, and slice thinly.
- Your Candied pecans will likely get sticky and need a second chop. Candied walnuts or pistachios are also crunchy and delicious.
- Other favorite toppings include raspberry and balsamic, blackberry and balsamic, peach and balsamic, and of course fig and balsamic- use plenty of toppings!
- Add more zest and change up your fresh herbs. Fresh Rosemary, Parsley, Oregano, Thyme, Green onion, and Lemon zest are all great flavors. Flaky salt and fresh ground pepper can help create a board that’s fabulous. Sprinkle Edible flowers for a romantic garnish to this easy appetizer board.
- You could make this recipe with goat cheese, or even a cream cheese spread, as a substitution ingredient for sweet and tangy Mascarpone cheese
- Beautiful for a Holiday appetizer. Your family and friends will love the irresistible savory and sweet flavors.
- Wonderful as a breakfast board. Combine with a tasty brunch.
- The Best Butter Board ideas – may actually be amped up by soft and delicious cheeses
From viral trend to a Mascarpone Masterpiece- this easy to make board is packed with flavor! So get a wooden board and get started! It’s absolutely delicious.
Try the Spread with a wonderful Cuss Kitchen Cocktail: A delicious libation to pair with a Butter Board
Reconstituted VERgin: http://cusskitchen.com/reconstituted-vergin