Cake me Home Tonight (Chocolate and Peanut Butter Mousse Cake)
Delicious chocolate cake with Peanut Butter Mousse, Chocolate frosting, and mini Reese’s cup topping. The combination of Chocolate and Peanut butter makes so many of us go weak in the knees. This decadent chocolate cake is simple- but what a statement it makes. Perfect for Sweetest Day, Valentines, Galentines…, and of course, special birthdays. If there ever was a romantic and unusual cake- this is it.
This beautiful cake is so much easier and faster than most. Fast Cake, no icing bags, and it does not require a baker’s practiced artistry. Hot Damn! I’m in. BEST CAKE EVER
Cake Me Home Tonight (Chocolate and Peanut Butter Mousse Cake)
Cake- 2, 9-inch rounds
- Your favorite chocolate cake mix Do not use 'Super Moist'
- Ingredients required by the cake mix
Peanut Butter Mousse
- ¾ cup Peanut Butter
- 2 oz Softened cream cheese
- ¼ cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Marshmellow Fluff
- ¼ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 1 tub Chocolate Frosting
- 1 17.6 oz Family Pack Reese's Unwrapped Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- Use cooking spray and a dusting of flour to prepare cake pans
- Bake 2 9-inch chocolate cakes as directed by the box instructions
- Test each cake with a toothpick to ensure the cake centers are fully cooked, (if the toothpick comes out clean, your cake is done)
- Allow the cakes to cool
Peanut Butter Mousse
- Combine all Mousse ingredients until fully blended
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Carefully place 1st cake on the cake stand
- Cover 1st cake with a thick coating of cooled mousse. Taper the mousse so that there is only a thin coat near the outer edge
- Place 2nd round on top of the Peanut Butter Mousse
- Cover the cake in the Chocolate frosting. It doesn't have to be perfect since you are covering the icing in mini peanut butter cups
- Cut half of the Peanut Butter cups in half and half of the cups into quarters
- Place them in all directions, all over the cake. If used wisely, there should be no issue with a 17.6 oz candy pack covering the cake
- Refrigerate the cake until you are ready to serve
Would recommend regular chocolate cake mix, rather than one of the ‘Super Moist’ varieties. The Mousse already gives the cake plenty of moisture.
Mix up the look by only putting candy on top.
Peanut Butter Lover? The PB Mousse is the best Peanut Butter Mousse you can serve. Put it in dessert cups and serve with a few mini Reese’s cups on top.
Sprinkle Reese’s Pieces on top of the cake for additional color
Try another great Cuss Kitchen Original Cake: Poke me Baby One More Time :