Slow Skrew (A Peanut Butter Whiskey and Coconut Cocktail)
The Slow Skrew is a Peanut Butter Whiskey and Coconut Cocktail
The Slow Skrew
Cozy up to a comfortable Slow Skrew!
This unique and delicious whiskey cocktail recipe features Skrewball Whiskey and is a peanut butter lover’s Dream. The Slow Skrew has a funny way of delighting you…
What is Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey?
Skrewball’ Peanut Butter Whiskey is smooth and distilled from corn, barley, and natural peanut butter flavor. It’s great for sipping or using in cocktails.
Skrewball was the first peanut butter whiskey to hit the market in 2018, and in 2019 it won a double gold medal for Best Flavored Whiskey at the New York World Wine and Spirits Competition.
Is Skrewball Actually “Whiskey”?
Since it’s only 70 proof, delicious Skrewball is technically not a whiskey. It’s actually labeled as “Whiskey with natural flavors and caramel color”, or a flavored spirit. The distillation process is similar to that of a traditional whiskey and Skrewball’s smooth, nutty fresh flavors have made it a popular choice among whiskey lovers.
What Does Skrewball Taste Like?
When you first try Skrewball, you’ll smell aromas of creamy peanut butter and honey. The taste is nutty, sweet, and a little salty. Just as it adds flavor and complexity to sauces and sandwiches, peanut butter makes an interesting flavor in whiskey, and a great liquor for a whiskey drink.
Enjoy a Slow Skrew- Peanut Butter Whiskey and Coconut Cocktail
Make this recipe
- 1 Cooking Torch
- 1 Cocktail Glass
- 1 Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Picks
- 2 oz Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey
- ½ oz Cream de Coconut
- 2 oz Club Soda
- ¼ oz Simple Syrup
- Ice cubes
- 1 Tbsp Hershey's Chocolate Powder
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Milk Chocolate
- 4 Mini Marshmallows (Toasted)
- 1 Marshmallow (Toasted)
Rim your Cocktail Glass
- Dice Chocolate into tiny pieces
- Sprinkle the Chocolate dust in the Milk Chocolate pieces
- Put simple syrup in a bowl
- Dip the rim of the glass in the simple syrup
- Dip the rim in the Chocolate pieces and Chocolate dust
Make a Marshmallow Garnish
- Place 4 mini marshmallows on a long pick
- Place a large Marshmallow at the bottom of the pick
- Use a Cooking torch to gently toast marshmallows- Be careful they catch fire easily
Make a Slow Skrew
- Combine Whiskey, Cream de Coconut, and Cocktail Shaker with ice
- Shake vigorously to combine
- Pour in Club soda and stir
- Strain the cocktail into a rimmed cocktail glass
- Garnish with Marshmallow Pick
- Refrigerate your Peanut Butter whiskey, simple syrup and club soda for a beautifully chilled cocktail with tropical peanut butter flavor.
- You can substitute an alternate rum for Coconut rum for a more simple Peanut Butter and whiskey cocktail.
- A fun alternate garnish would be a small cube of Peanut Butter and jelly sandwich
FAQ’ on Peanut Butter Whiskey Cocktails
How is Peanut butter Whiskey made?
Peanut butter whiskey is made similarly to other whiskeys. It generally starts with raw grains, malted, mashed, fermented, distilled and matured in wood barrels. Before bottling, the whiskey is either infused with real peanuts or mixed with artificial and/or natural flavors and/or coloring.
What foods pair well with Peanut Butter Whiskey Cocktails?
Fruit flavors like apple, peaches, bananas, and avocados pair beautifully with Peanut Butter. Chocolate, Caramel, Coffee, Coconut, and Marshmallow are also flavors that make Peanut Butter Whiskey a home-run. If you are looking to pair a Peanut Butter cocktail with a meal, consider pasta, pork, or even chicken wings.
Why is peanut butter whiskey so good?
Peanut butter whiskey tastes like a liqueur. There is the presence of vanilla, sweet maple, and earthiness. Its flavor is nutty, sweet and a little salty. It has a relatively low-alcohol content for whiskey, and you can enjoy as shots, as a sipper – straight, or mixed into cocktails.
What are the top brands of Peanut Butter Whiskey?
Skrewball, Sheep Dog, Ole Smokey, Hard Truth, SQRRL, Barrel and Banter, PB&W, Bird Dog, Blind Squirrel, Skatter Brain, Coastal Creek, and Two Trees
Try our Chocolate Gobsmakers with a Slow Skrew!