Easy Beer-Cheese Dip
We all know a ‘Cheesy Bastard’…but this one will warm your heart…
Spice up your party with a easy Beer Cheese Dip. This Pepper Jack cheese and White Sharp Cheddar makes this dip and brings the zing. So, this is a fast cheese dip, and perfect for your next event, or game day sports party.
What is Beer Cheese made of?
Beer cheese dip starts with a Roux, and then a sharp cheddar cheese, beer or ale, garlic. Then mix in spices and simmer until the cheese is melted. Served hot and delicious with crackers or soft pretzels.
Why add Beer to Cheese Dip?
Adding beer to your cheese dip can give it a unique and delicious flavor. The type of beer you use can also impact the taste, so choose a beer that complements the cheese.
What is a Roux?
A roux is a mixture of equal parts flour and fat, cooked together over low to medium heat. This creates a uniform thickening agent for sauces. Importantly, roux makes our beer cheese dip recipe the one that you’ll love. It’s thick and delicious.
What Kind of Beer makes the best Beer Cheese?
- Darker Beers like stouts, and malts will produce deep and bitter flavor.
- Lighter Beers like ales and IPA’s will give a lighter kind of flavor
- Non-Alcoholic beers can also be used
Serve this Easy Beer-cheese recipe with Teenie Weenies(Our Pancetta Pigs in a Blanket), Love Bites(our homemade pretzels), and our Creamy Dijon mustard sauce.
Easy Beer-Cheese Dip
- ¼ Cup Butter
- ¼ Cup Flour
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ¾ tsp Minced Garlic
- ¼ tsp Chipotle pepper Seasoning
- 1 Cup Milk
- ¾ Cup Beer or Lager
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Cups Pepper Jack cheese Shredded
- 1 Cup Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp Chopped fresh parsley
Make your Roux
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat
- Add flour, onion, and garlic, and Chipotle pepper seasoning
- Stir and cook for 1 minute
Finish your Cheese Dip
- Slowly stir in milk, and then beer, continually whisking until smooth
- Add Worcestershire
- Continue whisking until thick and bubbly
- Reduce heat to low, and add cheeses
- Stir until melted and smooth
- Serve in a bowl or small crock pot
- Garnish with chopped Parsley
- Don’t be a ‘Lager-head’… Beer Cheese sauce does not freeze well
- Our creamy Beer Cheese should be refrigerated until ready to use. Then it can be reheated and enjoyed later
- Crock pot Cheese dip – Small crock pots are excellent for a warm dip like Cheesy Bastard. Excellent as a fondue.
- Our Beer Cheese Dip is fabulous, but also try our Homemade Beer cheese on sandwiches, with crackers, or fruit and vegetables
- Create an interesting Pretzel Charcuterie Board. Feature Cheesy Bastard, (Spicy Beer Cheese) Love Bites (Pretzel Bites), Teenie Weenies(Bougie Pigs in a banket), our Creamy Mustard Dip. Add your favorite crackers, apples, pears, sugar snap peas, blanched green beans, Yellow and Red Pepper, Celery and Carrot sticks. Let your freak flag fly!
Perfect Pairing with Easy Beer-Cheese Dip:
Mini hot dogs in Puff Pastry with Pancetta