Thinspiration Bites (Whipped Cottage Cheese Appetizer)
Maybe I speak for many of us who have been on the FATkins diet- or part of a FATernity of snackatarians? I am sick of going to parties with Tanorexic Polly Pockets, and Flabstinent Titsticks! (I say this lovingly)…But We too, can be Skinny Bitches! We just need a little Thinspiration…delicious and zesty Whipped Cottage Cheese appetizers
Cottage Cheese Appetizer? It is not often that you have a simple 4 ingredient appetizer that is quick, easy, low calorie, and light on the budget. In addition, this appetizer is Vegetarian, gluten-free, and Keto friendly. These healthy appetizers have the low calorie count of under 10 calories each. This whipped and zesty Cottage Cheese is fresh, and satisfying. The crispy cucumber is a perfect compliment.
Why is whipped cottage cheese trending?
Whipped cottage cheese is low in sugar and high in protein. In addition, this cheese is versatile in recipes that are sweet and savory. While cottage cheese feels old-school, modern chefs are finding new and innovative ways to create flavors that are healthful and low-calorie. As in this case, creating an appetizer that is guilt-free. What a delicious way to add low-fat protein.
Cottage cheese is a great source of calcium, important in tooth and bone health, and in the prevention of osteoporosis. Additionally, the nutrients help to regulate blood pressure and might even play a role in preventing certain cancers, such as prostate cancer.
Why Whipped Cottage cheese?
Whipping cottage cheese incorporates air, and makes the cheese light and fluffy. While it is becoming increasingly popular to whip traditional cheeses like Ricotta and Feta, Cottage cheese has the additional benefit of being low in calories and high in protein. Cottage cheese has a moderate amount of lactose, with about 9 grams in 1 cup. There are also lactose-free and low-fat cottage cheeses that can be used in this super simple recipe.
Are Cucumbers healthy?
Cucumbers are high in nutrients, as well as plant compounds and antioxidants that help treat and even prevent some conditions. They’re also low in calories, and contain water and soluble fiber, ideal for promoting hydration and aiding in weight loss.
- English Cucumber
- Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Zesty Guacamole Spice
Why you will love this Whipped Cottage Cheese recipe?
QUICK: This 4-ingredient appetizer can be ready in 15 minutes. Simple, fast, easy…
LOW CALORIE AND PROTEIN-PACKED: At 10 calories each, these low carb cucumber bites are the perfect appetizer- high in protein and calcium
SWEET AND ZESTY: Sweet cucumber bites with rich and creamy whipped cottage cheese, seasoned with guacamole spice
PERFECT FOR A PARTY: Why not bring an appetizer that is healthy and delicious? So easy…Thinspiration without the Perspiration
Whipped Feta FAQs
What does whipped cottage cheese taste like?
Some people dislike the curds, or lumpy texture of cottage cheese. Our whipped cottage cheese, on the other hand, has an airy, smooth creamy texture, (custard-like) and is seasoned with the guacamole flavor we love. It is delicious on our appetizer, but you can also use whipped cottage cheese spread on toast, crostini, crackers, or other vegetables. My favorite ways to use the leftover cheese include as a topping or dip with fresh fruit such as apples, pears, or berries. Try whipped cottage cheese on a baked potato, or on top of granola cups. It is also a great alternative as a party dip, healthy snack or breakfast idea.
How do you store whipped cottage cheese?
You can store any leftover cottage cheese dip in an airtight container. It will keep for a few days in the refrigerator.
Make Whipped Cottage Cheese Appetizer
So easy … there is Thinspiration with no Perspiration!
- Mixer Blender or Food Processor
- Pastry bag and large nozzle
2 English Cucumbers (Slices)
Whipped Cottage Cheese
- 16 oz Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- 1½ Tbsp Zesty Guacamole Seasoning
- ½ tsp Salt
Slice English Cucumbers into approximately 60 slices
Combine Cottage Cheese, Cream cheese, and spice
- Spoon the cottage cheese and cream cheese into a mixer, blender or food processor
- Whip cheese mixture until smooth. Get it to blend fully (You may need to scrape the sides of the bowl)
- Add cheese mixture to a pastry bag
- Squeeze approximately 1 tsp of cheese mixture onto cucumber slices
- Garnish with one caper
- For best results -eat within a few hours
- Do not use Fat-free cottage cheese in this recipe, I recommend 2% fat cottage cheese. You need a little fat to get the airy texture.
- You can add a teaspoon or two of olive oil to you whipped cheese mixture- if you desire a lighter texture
- You can also substitute hot honey, jam, cracked pepper, or sea salt for the guacamole spice (not as skinny- but yum!)
- Thinspiration bites are great for brunch, or any party where you or your guest are counting there calories, or following vegetarian, gluten-free or keto diets.
Healthy Niche for a Skinny Bitch
10 Health Hacks for Weight Control at a Party
Are you working on losing a few pounds? It’s hard to keep that momentum going with parties. Here are 10 tips to help you keep on track! Plan on a small plate of wonderful, without a side of guilt!
Before the Party
1. Pregame with nutritious, high-protein food before the party. Don’t arrive hungry and face down a smorgasbord of sugary choices.
2. Get exercise in before the party. At most parties you sit and stand for hours- your not burning calories on the couch (Well, If you are, you might want to clear the room!)
3. Drink water before, during and after the party! Water helps you feel less hungry, and may also help to dilute any cocktails you enjoy.
4. If you feel like you want to imbibe, try simple, low-sugar cocktails like vodka and soda. With just 133 calories in a 7.5-ounce cocktail, it’s one of the lowest calorie cocktails you can order- Make it a little bougie with lemon, lime, cucumber or mint! Low-calorie hard seltzers or Skinny cocktails can also be good choices. Alternate your cocktails with water. Be aware that alcohol increases appetite, and can affect your ability to make good choices. If you have recently lost weight, or it is especially warm- the alcohol can have a greater effect- Be careful of your alcohol intake, or you may really make some memories(for everyone else!)
5. Bring a low-calorie/high protein appetizer. It will be a stand-out among the other bacon-wrapped, high carb submissions at the party- AND you will be sure there is something on the table you feel good about eating.
6. Use small plates, make good choices, and don’t finish any food you don’t love. (Don’t feel obliged to finish)
7. Get your butt away from the food table! Move around, eat slow, and stop eating early
8. Focus on relationships, laughter, and activities that get people moving. Or, kick off those shoes and dance like no one is looking!
9. Skip the dessert table, and finish the evening with a small portion of fruit, and/or a nice cup of tea
10. Leave the left-overs. Don’t let your host load you up with high-calorie take-home baggies
Skinny cocktails go with our Thinspiration Bites appetizer
Skinny Smart A$$ As opposed to many of the Orange Mule Cocktail recipes, our Skinny Smart A$$(mule)- is light, low calorie, and not sweet. It has a more subtle flavor of Blood Orange- with just 3 Ingredients! We use Fever-Tree Blood Orange Ginger Beer, Tequila or Mezcal, and fresh lime. Skinny, Citrus Perfection – Easy to make, and Easy to sip
Skinny Whore-jito This low-calorie Whore-jito uses Sugar-free lemonade, white rum, fresh mint leaves, and sliced strawberries. Try this skinny mojito recipe.
Drink Up You Skinny Bitches!
Maybe you’re Sassy too?