MY BIG FAT GREEK Spreading (Whipped Feta Board)
How do you take the ‘Butter Board’ to the next level?
This whipped feta board is different take on the hugely popular ‘Butter Board’ trend featured on Tiktok, by Justine Doiron. You will love this fun and interesting Greek-inspired appetizer recipe. For most of these Boards, butter is the star of the show, but you will find, creamy, lemony feta is a more interesting base than salted or compound butter. MY BIG FAT GREEK Spreading is healthy, creamy, and delicious. So addictive you will dip and scoop this board clean! This is the next generation Charcuterie board!
What is Feta Cheese?
Feta is a strong brined cured cheese that is tangy, salty and crumbly. Greek Feta cheese is traditionally made from sheep’s and goat’s milk. Feta is one of the oldest and best-known cheeses in the world. Classified as a PDO (Protected Designation of Origin) product in the EU and several other countries, cheese sold as feta must adhere to certain requirements, including a minimum 70 per cent sheep’s milk that must come from local breeds of sheep or goats, which have been traditionally raised on local pastures and from designated parts of Greece. This PDO feta may not contain additives or preservatives. The US had not signed on to the Greek PDO requirements- so Feta can mean many things. Buy block feta cheese with a stamp or wording to indicate that it is PDO approved, and labelled ‘Greek feta’ rather than feta-style cheese.
Making a Whipped Feta Board
Start with a large board, wooden board, cutting board, or platter. Prepare the whipped Feta cheese, as directed on the recipe card. Put dollops of cheese on your board, and use the back of a spoon, or spatula to spread the cheese evenly across the Board.
Secondly, drizzle Tahini across the whipped Feta on your board. Make sure your Tahini is well mixed before you stripe your Feta spread. Next, place fresh cucumber, tomatoes, olives, green onions, cooled and diced lamb and pine nuts across the board.
Lastly generously sprinkle with Shawarma spice. Even a great appetizer on a boat!
Serve this wonderful appetizer board with our Homemade Toasted Pita, our Cuss Kitchen Skinny Chips, or even fresh warm bread slices. It will be the most talked about appetizer at your next party.
Click here for FUN Cuss Kitchen Merchandise
MY BIG FAT GREEK Spreading
- Large wooden Serving Board or Platter
- Cheese spreading knife
Whipped Feta Dip
- 18 oz Feta Cheese
- 6 oz Philadelphia Cream cheese
- 5 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 tsp Ground Red Pepper Flakes
- Zest of 1 1/2 Lemons
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ⅓ cup Tahini
- 6 sliced Kalamata Olives
- 6 sliced Cherry or grape tomatoes
- ⅓ cup Cucumber Finely diced
- 1 Tbsp Green Onion Thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Pine Nuts
- ½ cup Cooked and finely diced Gyro or Shawarma meat (Usually a beef and lamb combination available at Costco)
- ¼ Tsp Shawarma spice
Mix Whipped feta spread
- Combine feta dip ingredients in a mixer or food processor
- Mix until smooth
Assemble your Creamy Feta Board
- Spread the feta over the top of your board
- Stir Tahini thoroughly, and then drizzle lines of Tahini over the feta spread
- Place the other toppings randomly across the board
- Sprinkle the Shawarma spice across the board
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve
- Serve with a cheese spreader knife, pita bread, pita chips, toasts or skinny chips
Sassy Cuss Kitchen Merchandise
Aphrodesi’hacks’ for a Whipped Feta Board
- Buy Feta in blocks. The crumbled feta usually has an additive to stop it from clumping
- Mix the whipped feta until the cheese is smooth
- Do Not salt this board. Your feta cheese is already salty
- Our Board features a thick whipped Feta with delicious cream cheese
- Let your Gyro or Shawarma meat cool before placing it on the feta spread
- Mix your Tahini well before adding to your board so it is not runny
- Create your whipped feta board for a wonderful for a tasty brunch.
- Beautiful for a Holiday appetizer. Your family and friends will love the irresistible savory flavors.
From viral trend to Hellenic Masterpiece- this easy-to-make board is packed with flavor! So get a wooden board and get started! It’s absolutely delicious.
What could be better than homemade chips?
Homemade Pita Chips Crispy and Garlicy Homemade Pita Chips. Fast and easy to make. Nothing beats warm toasty homemade chips
Skinny Chips Homemade wonton chips look so artisanal, and have the added benefit of being crispy and delicious. But wait, they have a Super-Power! They are only 70 calories- or 14 carbs for 6 chips. Equally important, they are fun and easy to make.
Fun Cuss Kitchen Merchandise
Make another sexy appetizer board!
The Spread It is time for a Mascarpone Board with Balsamic Strawberries, Basil and Candied Pecans. This is an easy appetizer you can make with ease. Spend hardly any time in the kitchen -the express train of bougie, simple goodness. Fall in love with a delightful new taste. You need to make the Spread.
Cocktails to go with your beautiful Whipped Feta Board
The Horny Fairy The Horny Fairy is a aromatic cocktail of Gin, Absinthe, and Club soda, with a twist of lime.
The ‘Muther Pucker Spritz’ has just 3 ingredients. Limoncello, Prosecco, and Club Soda. Who doesn’t love an Italian, lemon summer cocktail with sparkle? The lemon is a great complement to whipped feta