Joy Sticks (Goat cheese, Prosciutto, and Fig tower)
This appetizer is like stunning abstract art. Goat cheese, Prosciutto, and Fig- a delicious and flavor-filled tower of creamy, salty, and sweet, topped by an eruption of Rosemary. The Climax of appetizers! Crusted and herbed baked Goat cheese, dry-cured Prosciutto, sweet fresh Figs, bold and fragrant Rosemary, with a splash of balsamic glaze. This s a stand-up choice for any party. Bring the Joy…Fun to play with, Fun to eat.
Crusted Baked Goat Cheese Balls
These crusted goat cheese balls are completely delicious on there own. First up, they are delicious on salad! Secondly, serve them as mini cheese balls as a party appetizer. Add a drizzle of honey and serve with crackers. Delicious on a charcuterie board or grazing tray
- Goat cheese
- Black Pepper
- Melba Toasts
- Balsamic Glaze
- Rosemary Spears
- Micro greens
What do I need to know about figs?
Figs are a mercurial fruit that is one of the oldest cultivated crops in history. Chiefly, they are sold in two ways, fresh and dried. Though, fresh figs are smooth an juicy, they have a short shelf life or days to a week. Dried figs, on the other hand, make up 90% of figs distributed throughout the world.
Even though dried figs do not have a the smooth texture, and juice, they do have lasting shelf life, and are nutritionally packed with vitamins. There are several kinds of figs. Varieties include the Common fig, the Adriatic or white fig, Celeste Figs, Brown Turkey figs, Black Mission figs, Calimyrna figs, Kadota figs, and Caprifigs.
Prosciutto-wrapped fig on a baked Goat Cheese Round
- 11 oz Goat Cheese Log
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsley
- ¼ cup Fresh Chive
- ⅛ tsp Black Pepper
- 3 oz Ground Melba toasts
- 4 oz Proscuitto
- 6 Figs (halved)
- 2 oz Balsamic Glaze
- 12 Rosemary spears or skewers
Prepare Goat Cheese Wheels
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Wash Rosemary spears
- Trim Rosemary from the bottom to make spears approximately 4 inches
Prepare Goat Cheese Crust
- Mix 2 eggs in a small bowl, Put aside
- Finely chop Chive and Parsley and add to a 2nd small bowl.
- Add Black Pepper and Put aside
- Grind Melba Toasts and put in a 3rd small bowl. Put Aside
Cut Goat Cheese
- Use a long strand of dental floss to cut the goat cheese log in half lengthwise
- Use dental floss again, to cut the log in half through the center
- Use floss again to cut 6 equal pieces from each half (Total of 12 equal pieces)
- Roll each piece of cheese into a ball
- Press cheese somewhat flat like a small wheel
Cover Goat Cheese
- Dip each Goat Cheese Wheel in Egg
- Roll the flat edge in the fresh Parsley, Chive, and Black Pepper
- Roll Goat Cheese in the bowl of Melba crumbs
- Place each Goat Cheese wheel on a tray
- Place the tray in the freezer for at least 30 minutes
- Cook cheese at 375 for 30-35 minutes
Prepare the figs
- Wash figs, slice them in half, and place flat-side up
- Drizzle the figs with Balsalmic Glaze and roast at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes
Assemble Joy Sticks
- Start assembly on a beautiful tray or wood cutting board
- Assemble 12 small beds of microgreens
- Place each Goat cheese wheel on a microgreen bed
- Place fig half onto the Rosemary spear
- Fold Prosciutto slice in half and stack back and forth like a ribbon and add to spear
- Place spear into Cheese Wheel
- Place the next fig half onto a spear, add Prosciutto, and again place into Goat cheese wheel
- Keep assembling the Joy Sticks until 12 are complete
- Drizzle with Balsamic Glaze and serve
Use dental floss to cut goat cheese into equal parts without losing a lot of cheese to your knife
The warm goat cheese and Balsamic glaze will blend beautifully with salad and a beautiful wine
Other great Cuss Kitchen appetizers
Horny Gazpacho a Bloody Mary inspired, spiked and spicy garden-fresh summer soup. Beef steak tomatoes, Roasted Poblanos, Jalapenos, Red Pepper, onion AND Hornitos Tequila- blended into the perfect puree and summer elixir. Watch out- this Horny Gazpacho is Fresh and might really grab you! In true deliciously rude, Cuss Kitchen fashion, we balance a healthful summer soup with a boozy lift.
Spread It is time for a Mascarpone Board with Balsamic Strawberries, Basil and Candied Pecans. This is an easy appetizer you can make with ease. Spend hardly any time in the kitchen -the express train of bougie, simple goodness.
Fall in love with a delightful new taste. You need to make the Spread.