Slow Skrew (A Peanut Butter Whiskey and Coconut Cocktail with a Chocolate rim)
Cozy up to a comfortable Slow Skrew!
This unique and delicious whiskey cocktail recipe features Skrewball Whiskey and is a peanut butter lover’s Dream. The Slow Skrew has a funny way of delighting you…
What is Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey?
Skrewball Whiskey is a smooth whiskey distilled from corn, barley, and natural peanut butter flavor. It’s great for sipping or using in cocktails.
Skrewball was the first peanut butter whiskey to hit the market in 2018, and in 2019 it won a double gold medal for Best Flavored Whiskey at the New York World Wine and Spirits Competition.
Is Skrewball Actually “Whiskey”?
Since it’s only 70 proof, Skrewball is technically not a whiskey. It’s actually labeled as “Whiskey with natural flavors and caramel color”, or a flavored spirit. The distillation process is similar to that of a traditional whiskey and Skrewball’s smooth, nutty flavor has made it a popular choice among whiskey lovers.
What Does Skrewball Taste Like?
When you first try Skrewball, you’ll smell aromas of creamy peanut butter and honey. The taste is nutty, sweet, and a little salty. Just as it adds flavor and complexity to sauces and sandwiches, peanut butter makes an interesting flavor in whiskey, and a great liquor for a whiskey drink.
Is Skrewball the only Peanut Butter Whiskey?
Other top choices include:
Skatterbrain Peanut Butter Whiskey, Sheep Dog Peanut Butter Whiskey, Ole Smokey Peanut Butter Whiskey, Sqrrl Peanut Butter Whiskey, Two Trees Peanut Butter Whiskey, Bird Dog Peanut Butter Whiskey
Top Flavors to mix with Skrewball Whiskey
Peanut Butter and Chocolate liqueur or Peanut Butter Cup
Peanut Butter and Coffee liqueur or Kahlua
Peanut Butter and Jelly, or Berry Flavors
Peanut Butter and Banana
- 1 Cooking Torch
- 1 Cocktail Glass
- 1 Cocktail Shaker
- 2 oz Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey
- ½ oz Cream de Coconut
- 2 oz Club Soda
- ¼ oz Simple Syrup
- Ice cubes
- 1 Tbsp Hershey's Chocolate Powder
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Milk Chocolate
- 4 Mini Marshmallows (Toasted)
- 1 Marshmallow (Toasted)
Rim your Cocktail Glass
- Dice Chocolate into tiny pieces
- Sprinkle the Chocolate dust in the Milk Chocolate pieces
- Put simple syrup in a bowl
- Dip the rim of the glass in the simple syrup
- Dip the rim in the Chocolate pieces and Chocolate dust
Make a Marshmallow Garnish
- Place 4 mini marshmallows on a long pick
- Place a large Marshmallow at the bottom of the pick
- Use a Cooking torch to gently toast marshmallows- Be careful they catch fire easily
Make a Slow Skrew
- Combine Whiskey, Cream de Coconut, and ice cubes in an Cocktail Shaker
- Shake vigorously to combine
- Add Club soda and stir
- Strain the cocktail into a rimmed cocktail glass
- Garnish with Marshmallow Pick