Keep Calm and Curry On
Just one Puff… and Don’t Inhale! Good Luck with that! You definitely won’t want to stop at just one Puff. Delicious!
Potatoes, onions and carrots in a savory sauce with a flakey pastry. These easy Curry Puffs are hearty vegetarian appetizers your family and friends will love. A Curry fusion sensation! They look bougie- but are simple to make.
So Keep Calm and Curry On!
Keep Calm and Curry On
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 Medium yellow onion finely diced
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 1 ½ cup Potatoes finely diced
- 1¼ cup Sweet Potatoes finely diced
- 3/4 cup carrot shredded
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cubes Golden Curry - Curry Roux -Medium Heat (Adjust to Spice level to preference-Mild, Med, Hot) Finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 sleeve Puff Pastry
- 1 egg Beaten for egg wash
- Over medium heat, cook onion, ginger, garlic, and butter till fragrant
- Add potatoes, carrots, and vegetable stock.
- Stir to prevent burning
- When the stock is warm, add chopped curry roux and reduce heat to low
- Mix until curry sauce is thick and cook on low for 10-15 minutes, until potatoes and carrots are cooked through
- Turn off heat then refrigerate for at least 3 hours
Assembling curry puff
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Beat egg in a separate ramekin
- Lay out puff pasty
- Cut dough into nine even squares (like making a tic tac toe board)
- Fill each square in its center with 1 teaspoon of chilled filling
- Bring one corner to its diagonal opposite corner to create the pastry triangles and seal along the seam. Stretch dough while filling/ Seal edges. Use the flat edges of a fork to score the edges with small lines.
- Place each pastry on a greased baking sheet
- Brush the egg wash along the top of each puff
- Bake the curry puffs at 400 degrees for 17-20 minutes, or until golden brown
- Give the puffs a few minute to cool
- Plate and serve
Add protein. The curry filling can include chicken thighs cut into extra small pieces. Cook your butter, onion, garlic and ginger first and then add your chicken and let it brown slightly before adding the vegetables, followed by stock and curry.
Mix up your vegetables. Use the vegetables you love- Peas, Mushrooms, chick peas- sky is the limit
Pick Your Heat. We love Golden Curry. You can buy the package in mild, medium, or hot in the International section of most grocery stores
Make your curry the night before. This gives the curry plenty of time to cool and gel, and the depth of flavors gets even better. It also makes assembly quick and easy the next day.