Melon Squeezy? ALWAYS be cautious of people trying to squeeze your melons!
Today we’re talking about sweet watermelon rounds with feta cheese and savory balsamic glaze pipettes. This is an easy 3-ingredient appetizer that is vegetarian, keto, and gluten-free.
This Easy Peasy Melon Squeezy is a delicious new take on a traditional favorite, like a glamorous and sophisticated cousin to the classic Caprese. The colorful and tasty layers are easy to put together, but this savory fruit appetizer will be the talk of the party.
This 15 minute appetizer is delicious and fun – a grown-up version of playing with your food. Be proud of your melons!
Speaking of Melons…
Check your own melons and Save your TA-TAs. Whether petite or extra large, keep them safe with regular self-exams and an annual mammogram.
CUSS and CURE …Here are great some great resources
Breast Cancer Research Foundation: https://www.bcrf.org/
Living Beyond Breast Cancer: https://www.lbbc.org/
The Donna Foundation: https://thedonnafoundation.org/
Easy Peasy Melon Squeezy (A Watermelon and Feta appetizer with a Balsamic Pipette)
- 24 small pipettes
- 1 cookie cutter (approx 2 ½ in diameter)
- 1 cookie cutter (approx 1 ½ in diameter)
- 24 2 ½ inch diameter Watermelon Circles (½ in thick)
- 1 1½ inch diameter Feta Cheese circles (¼ in thick)
- ⅓ Cup Balsamic Glaze
- 24 small Basil leaves
- Cut watermelon slices approximately ½ thick
- Use an approx 2 ½ diameter cookie cutter to cut out 24 circles of watermelon
- Place the watermelon circles on a tray
- Use an approx 1 ½ diameter cookie cutter to cut our feta cheese circles
- Place the feta cheese on the watermelon circles
- Place a small basil leaf on top of the cheese
- Pour Balsamic glaze into a small ramekin
- Squeeze the air out of a pipette and then place the pipette in the glaze. Release pressure on the pipette bulb- and fill the pipette ½ full
- Place the glaze-filled pipette into the watermelon round, and repeat with all 24 watermelon rounds
- Keep this appetizer refrigerated until ready to serve
Try another delicious Cuss Kitchen fruit appetizer: Whip It Good http://cusskitchen.com/whip-it-good